Vogue Paris November 2009 : Isabeli Fontana by David Sims

A little too extrême for my taste.

Oh my I'm with everyone who hoped for a Raquel cover. It's a long overdue, no wait that's an understatement.

You might know that I'm not a big Isabeli fan, she looks good though.

Carine, give Raquel a cover for gods sake :furious: !! Only a issue devoted to her can make up for this overdue :doh:

Apart from that, I dont like the cover itself anyway, tribal tattoos is so not VP

Like the cover, but the text especially that horrible MS Paint Gold colour is terrible :doh:

Looks like a vogue italia cover. I don't really have strong feelings about it :unsure: maybe because the colours are incredibly boring? :huh:

I'm happy to see Isabeli on the cover, she's a great model, i'm never dessapointed by her... but can't say i like the cover... bit weird for my taste!

Can't wait to see it in HQ and to know what's inside!

Wasn't this 'tribal chic' + 'graffitti' already done a few years ago? I really hate that aesthetic (cargo pockets, face painted or made to look dirty, a lot of army greens, hair that looks like straw)...very specific but does anyone else know that I'm talking about? VP did it last month with Lara's editorial too :yuk:

I love Fontana, and she deserves this cover just as much as any other model!

But i dislike it very much, mainly because of the font used & styling, and why on earth so much text? Its not this nuts usually!

Happy for her though.

I wanted Raquel but it's unexpected. I don't like Isabeli and don't like this cover.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finallly!!! Thank you SOOO much Francy ^_^! I can practically feel your ecstaticness over the fact that Isabeli is on the cover. I am very happy too!

Am I the only one who LOVES this!?!?! It reminds me of older issues from VP, from around 2002 or 2003 when the magazine was all about extreme street culture and daringness and less refined than it has become. Though I am bit disappointed that Raquel didn't get the cover (she really deserves one by now), I ADORE Isabeli and think that she looks STUNNING here. I don't find the text to be too much at all, just super bold and directional, and VERY Sprouse. It is extremely modern and just SO cool. I love it when Carine drastically alters the aesthetic, and this month is an excellent example. The styling is classic VP. The earthy tones of the lettering and text mix so well. The only thing that I question, however, is the appropriateness of these very light-weight clothes for November. This looks much more like a Spring issue than a Fall/Winter issue to me. But, always ahead of time, Carine has a one-up already for the Spring season: this cover PERFECTLY captures the essence of the militaristic, rugged, tribal look that has been all over the place!

I also appreciate the fact that Carine totally surprised us once again. Nowadays, it's never who we expect, even if there is a rumor. Maybe Laetitia Casta WON'T be editing the holiday issue (which I wouldn't mind at all :lol:)?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
the grafitti is currently in France something pretty talked because of exhibitions ...
last year there was Keith Harring in Grenoble, and this year there is a very big one at Fondation Cartier (+ another exhibition @ Le Grand Palais) ...

So mixing the streets with high culture is something, i guess, in the air atm ...

it's interesting, on one side. on the other hand ... well ... same old question (streets into white cube/white luxe is it revelant ?)

but i don't know how all this will look in the magazine. what would be the mood etc.

that's, though, very interesting all those stuff are happening. when i just feel the whole street phenomenom is being taken back the High Culture (just check how the streetstyle hunters are now shooting more and more and more Fashion Celebs than just stylish wanab from the streets)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->