Jalouse March 2007: Air

Article on the women who inspire Air

source: scanned by me

La Jeune Fille a la Rose

Photographer: Ola Rindal
Fashion Editor: Anne Sophie Thomas
Model: Oxanna

All in all, I found it surprisingly good especially since the content as the cover suggested it didn't seem enticing at first (I'm not a fan of Air, nor of Emmanuelle Seigner that I can't stand actually) and I've been really disappointed with the past issues during the past 3 months or so.The fashion editorials were nice (I liked the sneakers+ couture dresses editorial, the jeans+white shirt one and the 'romantic' one ), there was a few typos though.

I've been really disappointed with the past issues during the past 3 months or so.
me too, and I really think they need new blood!!!

they try sometimes with some sort of "guest editors" (like Catherine Baba, i've seen they now have Benjamin Gallopin etc.) but they really need some new people... before there were some good stylists and now they all gone, leaving Anne-Sophie and Isabelle and Jennifer (who came à la rescousse from L'Officiel) all alone... 3 girls for a magazine is a bit petit... and Jalouse used to be very good and interesting... now it's the same old stuff for same old boring bobos... which actually reflects very good the boredom of a certain Paris...

emily marie said:
1karina1, is the cover with red text or pink text?

It was red...I thought the pink looked so much better against the black and white cover photo:( Maybe some mags have the pink lettering?

Anyway I'll post the last editorial in a bit. Are their any other requests?

Sea, Sex & Splash

Photographer: Elina Kechicheva
Fashion Editor: Jennifer Eymere

are there any more eds in this? It looks great..I just wish the lettering on the cover was that pink!

BerlinRocks said:
me too, and I really think they need new blood!!!

they try sometimes with some sort of "guest editors" (like Catherine Baba, i've seen they now have Benjamin Gallopin etc.) but they really need some new people... before there were some good stylists and now they all gone, leaving Anne-Sophie and Isabelle and Jennifer (who came à la rescousse from L'Officiel) all alone... 3 girls for a magazine is a bit petit... and Jalouse used to be very good and interesting... now it's the same old stuff for same old boring bobos... which actually reflects very good the boredom of a certain Paris...

The ony girls I know or used to know are/were Paquita Paquin (she was working as a fashion editor there right I'm not even sure ?) and Isabelle Peyrut and Daphnée Hézard (although she's an editor not specifially a fashion one).I don't know if I really blame it on Paris or the fashion style of its people (wait what...You're talking about the city right ?).Somehow , I just believe that most 'underground' magazines that start out as being very experimental injecting new fresh new ideas end up to be commercial because they're just trying to get adjusted to their success so they just put up what the majority of people want to see .That was the case with most magazines I used to like being it Nylon or i-D (but I think that i-D just have their highs and lows) or even 20 ans,(and I could even add 'Vogue Paris' though it's one of my favourite magazines I've been rather disappointed with their editorials except for the Galliano issue) I think that's what is happening with Jalouse.I don't know if that's me being too demanding or hard to please but these months I find it hard to get my fashion fix from magazines , it gets to the point where I buy a magazine for ONE editorial that I liked .Right now, one of the most interesting fashion magazines to me is Lula well I'm almost scaring myself thinking 'Yeah just you watch, wait for a few years and you'll get Dakota Fanning on cover'.

That said, speaking of Jalouse, their July/August issue will celebrate their ten years , I'm pretty impatient to see what they'll come up with.

(sorry for the long post)

Last edited by a moderator:
emily marie said:
are there any more eds in this? It looks great..I just wish the lettering on the cover was that pink!

No. That's your lot I'm afraid. And I agree the pink would have looked better!

nanker_phledge said:
The ony girls I know or used to know are/were Paquita Paquin (she was working as a fashion editor there right I'm not even sure ?) and Isabelle Peyrut and Daphnée Hézard (although she's an editor not specifially a fashion one).I don't know if I really blame it on Paris or the fashion style of its people (wait what...You're talking about the city right ?).Somehow , I just believe that most 'underground' magazines that start out as being very experimental injecting new fresh new ideas end up to be commercial because they're just trying to get adjusted to their success so they just put up what the majority of people want to see .That was the case with most magazines I used to like being it Nylon or i-D (but I think that i-D just have their highs and lows) or even 20 ans,(and I could even add 'Vogue Paris' though it's one of my favourite magazines I've been rather disappointed with their editorials except for the Galliano issue) I think that's what is happening with Jalouse.I don't know if that's me being too demanding or hard to please but these months I find it hard to get my fashion fix from magazines , it gets to the point where I buy a magazine for ONE editorial that I liked .Right now, one of the most interesting fashion magazines to me is Lula well I'm almost scaring myself thinking 'Yeah just you watch, wait for a few years and you'll get Dakota Fanning on cover'.

That said, speaking of Jalouse, their July/August issue will celebrate their ten years , I'm pretty impatient to see what they'll come up with.

(sorry for the long post)

well this is pretty right...
and yes i was talking about Paris, the city... what else?! oh Paris Hilton... no way (eventhough i have respect for her)...
because imo, Jalouse is really the miror of what certain parisian girls wear/act/behave/live... like in the VIIth or Ist arr. and tons of girls are what I call RiveGaucheJalouseBoBo girls... boring, copycat etc. it's a trend since the 60s!!! c'mone....

and it's a boredom of a complete context that I now throw up... I want some change and I think it's time for Paris to move on from this bobo trend stuff... it's so everywhere it has become Academic, to me. Open Jalouse from last year and Jalouse from this month... you'll see no difference!
and I truly don't understand this turn-over Jalouse took like 4yrs ago... maybe sooner... because they really used to be pretty experimental (as you said) for such a cheap (it costed sthg like 18fr.) mag. with a pretty wide coverage of France...

anyway we don't have to forget the most success you get the most annonceurs you bring, too... and then annonceurs pretty much drive the boat!
that's sad but that's how it works!
one shooting : 3 suitcases of annonceurs, 1 of other stuff... pretty difficult to express creativity with that...:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->