Vogue Paris October 2021 by Guy Bourdin

On one hand, I'm kinda disappointed there's no plethora of covers with a handful of Alt's favourite models photographed by the likes of Inez & Vinoodh or Mert & Marcus but the use of Guy Bourdin's print from 1979 feels appropriate and certainly feels celebratory with the gold foil.

I haven't gotten any of the last two issues after my subscription ended, but I will most likely put my hands on this one. The cover is not what I was expecting but I think it makes sense, especially for Emmanuelle who pays tribute to Guy Bourdin. I read that the cover's choice echoes to "the archives, that are the heart of a magazine, its backbone, its words that stay forever. They are its voice, it's confidences, its deep secrets that they share with you."
There will be a supplement entirely dedicated to Saint Laurent. Both will retail for 6,90€ and will stay on the newsstands for 2 months.
Au revoir Emmanuelle, merci!

Dang I wish I had kept my subscription longer but then again I probably wouldn't have recieved it like I have the last 3 issues. My subscription has been canceled and they still have not given me my money back.

I love this edition of Vogue to hell but my god is the service absolutely freaking awful.

I love Bourdin and appreciate this nod to his legacy, but let's be honest this is so lazy. I doubt it's going to be a carefully and beautifully curated selection of the VP archives because, well, I don't think much of the current team. Would've been nice to have just gone with a more celebratory version of Alt's "regular" issues, but I guess there are such limitations in place at CN that this wouldn't have been possible on her way out of the door.

It's a great cover. Better than some editors' final issues. Reminds me a bit to Madonna's mouth on the last cover under Franca.

I distinctly remember Carine's 90th issue with Lara on the cover. It was instantly iconic.

This isn't a patch on that, I'm afraid. That said, I'm still excited to see the contents, and if it has a couple of strong editorials, I might get a copy.

I must admit I'm very excited to purchase this on newsstands! Unfortunately, I'm likely going to have to wait until November for the damn issue to arrive here but I can't wait to see all those vintage prints in high quality.

Literally all reprints but she has so many pages I do not see any other model in the magazine being given this treatment, makes me proud to be Canadian :D.

no original content???
I mean, as it’s an anniversary issue I don’t mind at all and actually love that there are lots of reprints but to not have any original content is atrocious.
did they not allow Alt to have new editorials? October is an important issue, used to be (is…) the Haute Couture plus all the advertising that starts for Christmas… also it’s the 100th anniversary, this issue is bound to sell on its own, for this reason only.

no original content… I’m genuinely shocked.

no original content???
I mean, as it’s an anniversary issue I don’t mind at all and actually love that there are lots of reprints but to not have any original content is atrocious.
did they not allow Alt to have new editorials? October is an important issue, used to be (is…) the Haute Couture plus all the advertising that starts for Christmas… also it’s the 100th anniversary, this issue is bound to sell on its own, for this reason only.

At this point I'll take gorgeous Guy Bourdin/Helmut Newton archive photos over what VP would have attempted to deliver for new editorial work.(streetwear garbage).

no original content???

It was announced in the article linked in the first post of the thread. Although I agree with you to an extent, I'm really thrilled about an entirely archival issue. Reminds me of the Vogue Italia July 2013 issue which was absolutely amazing! I would've loved a lengthy couture story and some classic Vogue Paris eleganza as well, but considering the current state of CN and the fact that the issue would've probably been composed of lame British Vogue reprints anyway, perhaps this was for the best...

I had a quick flip through the digital issue and there's so many ads :ninja: at least 200 pages of it... ruins the whole layout.

I had a quick flip through the digital issue and there's so many ads :ninja: at least 200 pages of it... ruins the whole layout.

THIS was expected. WE magazine collectors and Fashion avid people deserved original content for an anniversary issue.
even if that would mean one shared editorial with other publications it’s ok BUT a couple of original ones too.
I’m so disappointed.

THIS was expected. WE magazine collectors and Fashion avid people deserved original content for an anniversary issue.
even if that would mean one shared editorial with other publications it’s ok BUT a couple of original ones too.
I’m so disappointed.

that is why i stop collecting paper based magazines...now original content has been decreased and the mag seems like a ads cataglogue

Print ad campaigns were often glorious, a parallel universe running alongside the editorials. I imagine nearly everyone could recall the first campaign that caught their eye, or the one that made you ache to be that person living that life, or the one which made no sense but you loved it anyway.

Tis a pity we can't see reprints of them as well.

As for the content, it seems Vogue Paris is the one issue which gets to have a say about everyone being fired and a new regime being imposed on magazines - by not lifting a finger to make new material, but letting the world know what they're losing and will never see again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->