Vogue Portugal February 2011

I think they need to pick up some of us to form their creative team and I am sure it is going to result in a creative renaissance in noooo timeeeee... or maybe a complete chaos... but I believe chaos is better than a complete boredom they offer at the moment...

it's a hedious cover but you know what they say...don't judge a book by its cover...

Exactly. The potential to celebrate their anniversary is there. It's just lacking the creativity you would expect.

So... I got this issue and the cover really is terrible! But... They have come up with a kind of new concept, a new graphic design, new layout, some new reprints (lol) AND an original editorial covering trends for S/S. Too sad it was the only ed. I kind of liked some of the pictures. I'll try and post some scans later today so you can take a look...

there were no reprints in the editorial section. this issue was reprint free. the only thing they reprinted was just some little images, kinda like vogue españa does.

the ed is really good! and the new layout is so good as well. there are eds about acessories, some really good celeb eds, a modalisboa (lisbon fashion week) ed and one ed called "TRENDSPOTTING" by marcin tyska.

and...for the anna dello russo fans...there's an interview of her!
so yes. no reprinted eds or articles. just a hedious cover, but the contents are great!

i can make one...

"rendez-vous" (sharp, cinematic b&w ed)
6 pages
ph: pedro cláudio
st: ana campos
m: various portuguese actors

"trendspotting" (very colorful, studio ed)
20 pages
ph: marcin tyska
st: paulo macedo
m: anne-sophie (marilyn)

"o amor é... (love is...)" (sexy, random and somewhat good ed)
ph: pedro ferreira
st: paulo macedo
m: various portuguese actors and models

"acesso reservado (reserved acess)" (feature abour lisbon fashion week and the people involved in it...)
ph: frederico martins
st: ana campos
m: various

also, the acessories and jewelry eds are shot by pedro ferreira.
i forgot to say that the paper quality of the magazine improved. the cover and the back are like vogue italia...the paper inside is more stable and a bit harder as well.

^Thank you so much! That doesn't sound all that great for an anniversary edition.

Oh God, Vogue Portugal should step it up a notch, it's always very cheap, it's so cheap that here in Brasil, Vogue Portugal costs less than Vogue Brasil!

you haven't seen the eds yet and you're already saying those remarks? oh wow.

Today out of curiosity I flipped this issue and was surprised with the improvements: paper quality, new design and the editorials! still, I have not bought it, it's not my thing...

The cover its embarrassing and I didn't like at all the styling of the "TRENDSPOTTING" photo shoot. But I did love the interviews and the new graphic design. And VOGUE Portugal reached the 100th cover 'cause they deserved and worked for it! It's my fav. Portuguese publication by far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->