Vogue Russia April 2008 : Sasha Pivovarova by Terry Tsiolis

OH wow now that is a horrible cover shoot, it dosent even look like her and soo unflattering & unexpected from Vogue Russia to use this one as a cover.

she looks soooo pale!!!!
did they want some Family Adams feeling??? It's almost scary!

:shock: I don't think Sasha's really that pale, is she? I don't know what it is lately but I really don't like the way Sasha looks in all her recent printwork

Whoa, what in the world happened to Sasha :ninja: I would've loved the expression if her face wasn't so deathly white.

It´s horrible, really. Her mouth is so big on this photo...

I guess I'm going to be the only one, but I love this cover, it's quite scary. The combination makeup+pose is great.

That smile is a bit too big for my taste, but it's nice to see a smile on the cover, nonetheless. :wink:

I guess it's a bit too early for a review? I'm expecting an editorial shot in the Californian desert in this issue. :wink: Does anyone know when it is out?

Last edited by a moderator:
irresistable :D:woot: yes she is pale. yes she has wrinkles when she smiles which is impossible on most covers. So it has a kind of informal candid feel which covers never have these days. Refreshing!

It's this combination of frightening devilish girl mixed with adorable bunny which is unique to sasha. I'm glad it was documented on a cover.

And it is supposed to show her personality, because the text next to her says 'Supermodel Sasha Pivovarova' if I didn't read it wrong.

The failure for me is the background and styling.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet rus does the cover mention if there is an interview inside? I want to know about her new job as magazine editor in russia.

Well, I don't see the cute bunny here...more of a hungry cougar :ninja:

The concept definetly had potential though...with some great styling and a non-grey backdrop it would've been a lot better like this. But better make-up and hair would've been necesary as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->