Vogue Russia February 2019 : Birgit Kos by Giampaolo Sgura

These covers are very cute. I don't like the styling in the first one but Birgit's smile is so compelling.
The second cover looks good too, love the dress and the expression.
I usually can't stand Sgura but these work for me!

I’ve seen this concept/colors before... and photographed by Sgura. Btw yes, they’re cute

The first cover is ok. I like this shade of blue. Birgit's smile is really charming. It lacks a better styling though. The bow with this denim attire and what looks like a bicycle short is a no... Second cover is not bad, but useless.
What's with the bows' obsession though? They are too reminiscent of September 2018's covers.

with a better styling, this could be a little more interesting....
The second cover remind me of VS september18 cover but boring...

The second cover is better, although I like her smile in the first one.

So happy to see Birgit. She looks great in spite of the bad styling.

The first cover is ok. I like this shade of blue. Birgit's smile is really charming. It lacks a better styling though. The bow with this denim attire and what looks like a bicycle short is a no... Second cover is not bad, but useless.
What's with the bows' obsession though? They are too reminiscent of September 2018's covers.

The bow was actually a part of the denim attire, though. It was a look from Miu Miu S/S 2019 that was styled similarly to what it was presented on the runway. Bike shorts and all.

Anyway, I want to like the second cover because the picture is straight-forward, the dress is remarkable and presented in an unfussy way, and the coverlines are minimal. But there’s something missing here and I can’t figure out what it is.

Both covers look so December to me. Especially the second cover, a red dress WITH a bow? Come on now... February issues are supposed to make you anticipate the March issues, this isn’t doing it for me, and I loooove Birgit!

Review
Vogue shopping : Nnenna by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Ksenia Proskuryakova. 5 pgs
Vogue Jewelry : Nikki Vonsee by Alex Brunet, styled by Zolototrubova. 4 pgs
Birgit by Sgura, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak. 16 pages
Lili Sumner by Rory Payne, styled by Zara Zachrisson. 12 pgs
Jana Julius by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak. 12 pgs
Kevin Adrian,Youssouf Bamba, Sean Levy by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Luke Day. 5 photos
202 pages total

Бежевый неизбежен
Photographer: Rory Payne
Stylist: Zara Zachrisson
Model: Lili Sumner

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Вечерняя программа
Photographer: Arseny Jabiev
Stylist: Svetlana Vashenyak
Model: Jana Julius

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

My favorite cover out the two is definitely the first one with Birgit's smile, the blue denim and the red lip. This isn't the most finest of moments Vogue Russia's had over the years but I can appreciate the magazine's sudden love of a minimal amount of cover text.

I am rather fond of that shot of Brigit wearing Prada, and if she were just looking directly down Sgura's lens, I would've made that shot the one and ONLY cover shot.

Brigit is so pretty she can pull anything off. She should continue to work with Sgura. They seem to produce excellent work together. Remember that stunning cover and editorial for Vogue Germany they shot last year?

I am rather fond of that shot of Brigit wearing Prada, and if she were just looking directly down Sgura's lens, I would've made that shot the one and ONLY cover shot.

It's a beautiful picture. Her outfit was one of my favorites from that collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->