Vogue Russia January 2017 : Doutzen Kroes by Patrick Demarchelier

apple

Reaction score
Styled by Olga Dunina, Hair Ward Stegerhoek , Makeup Christelle Cocquet

Deposit it being pink, it's still very morbid. She looks like a living corpse. Not really Doutzen's fault, but more Demarchelier and the stylist.

What a heavy cover. I'd never put that on the cover. The clothes don't look nice. Uncomfortably odd

It will immediately catch your eye on the newsstand, that's for sure. Overall a weird cover, it seems like she's going to attend a procession walk.

I think the link masthead is just a little overkill (considering the garment). Maybe a black masthead would have been better.

Very dramatic and a bit retro, but I expected something exotic and tropical looking at the preview from the December issue. My main complaint is that there are no arms here.

I really like it. Colors are amazing. Doutzen is always good choice. Nice statrt of the year Vogue Russia.

Nice cover
She looks flawless & I personally like that outfit & pink overload .. but I understand if people think it's too much pink

However I'm totally in love with her photo from the December preview in red outfit... wish they picked that shot for this cover!

i'm in the minority here, but i like the cover. it's SO eye-catching and simple yet dramatic at the same time.

I like the minimalism of the styling, I just wish that Doutzen didn´t look so sad.

It looks like she's at the hairdressers. The cape is on, the hair has been washed - she's just waiting for the stylist.

It looks like she's at the hairdressers. The cape is on, the hair has been washed - she's just waiting for the stylist.
Now that you said it, I can't look at the cover in the same way :lol:
But I still like it and I'm always happy to see Doutzen.

I applaud their attempt to try something new, but it's a fail. It's like they were trying to do what Vogue Ukraine has been so successful at, but the result is not nearly as good. Ultimately, I just don't think the image is strong enough for a cover, especially a cover like this.

The styling looks too strict for her, it's aged her about a decade. She looks gaunt and morbid.

I don't like seeing Doutzen like this, I really like her.

I applaud their attempt to try something new, but it's a fail. It's like they were trying to do what Vogue Ukraine has been so successful at, but the result is not nearly as good. Ultimately, I just don't think the image is strong enough for a cover, especially a cover like this.

My sentiments exactly! This almost looks like a teaser to get us excited for an upcoming Doutzen/Vogue Russia cover - far from a finished product. As someone else has mentioned, the cover looks unfinished and is a missed opportunity.

Nevertheless, I'm very keen to see Demarchelier's cover story with Doutzen!

ed preview - nothing new there. same old, boring, commercial and predictable Demarchelier

vogue.ru

What on earth is the link between the cover and edit??? The 4th preview would have been a far better option. I really wish VR would sever their ties with Demarchelier! He's as washed up as Doutzen's 'hairstyle'.

i like the first image best as the cover

doutzen is unreal :heart: i never get bored of looking at her

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->