Vogue Scandinavia October/November 2021 : Helena Christensen by Henrik Bülow

Dreadful and depressing. This could've been done by one person without a team of MUA, editor, stylist and anybody else for that matter. She also looks hungover. This may be one of the worst Vogue covers I have seen, because that font is also a terrible choice. The white text doesn't work, the logo is barely there as well, this completely sucks on all fronts.

Dreadful and depressing. This could've been done by one person without a team of MUA, editor, stylist and anybody else for that matter. She also looks hungover. This may be one of the worst Vogue covers I have seen, because that font is also a terrible choice. The white text doesn't work, the logo is barely there as well, this completely sucks on all fronts.

A perfect representation of Danish summer then. I agree that it could have all been done by Helena actually, they were probably going for this melancholic vibe. Weekend at the summer house in North Sealand can hardly be called the great escape but fine let's play out all the clichés. I would not mind Scandinavia doing something un-Scandinavian for a change. Enough with hygge.

I am also surprised she only had 18 Vogue covers.

Wow i didnt even know that we have Vogue Scandinavia or did it slip my mind??

Makes me wanna escape

A perfect representation of Danish summer then. I agree that it could have all been done by Helena actually, they were probably going for this melancholic vibe. Weekend at the summer house in North Sealand can hardly be called the great escape but fine let's play out all the clichés. I would not mind Scandinavia doing something un-Scandinavian for a change. Enough with hygge.

I am also surprised she only had 18 Vogue covers.

She’s more like an Elle girl, no?

I like everything apart form what she’s wearing. terrible styling.

I don't mind the outfit and general vibe of the cover it's the randomly blown hair and expression that makes her look like she's in mourning. Then the font

Is she stoned or what? And I didn't know either that there's a Scandinavian edition of Vogue.

And that font though. *Shaking my head*

Helena lost her appeal 3 lives ago lol. She just does not cut it nowadays or at least in the last 10 years. I remember when she was young she used to bring energy and passion and now she's just on autopilot mode and she never brings anything interesting to the camera. She looks so depressed in every single shoot.

With all the accomplished Scandinavian photographers that they could have worked with , this is who they chose for their 2nd issue?
What a waste of a cover......

One of her horst covers, poor Helena & also, i hate that girly font like layout.

HELENA CHRISTENSEN TALKS HER LOVE FOR OLD CAMERAS AND THE BEAUTY OF IMPERFECTION
Photography:
Henrik Bülow
Styling: Camilla Larsson
Hair: Gabe Sin
Make-up: Anne Staunsager
Model: Helena Christensen

voguescandinavia.com; instagram.com/voguescandinavia; instagram.com/henrikbulow/

I actually like the cover and story, but more for a catalog, not Vogue.

Thank you for sharing @Zorka !

GOOD VIBRATIONS
Photography:
Sølve Sundsbø
Styling: Anders Solvsten Thomsen
Hair: Kei Terada
Make-up: Sam Byrant
Model: Malaika Holmén

weibo

The cover story definitely looks like a lookbook. I skimmed this issue last night. Its layout is quite similar to the new Vogue Italia.

First impressions may be deceiving indeed. When I first saw the cover, I deemed it understyled, lazy. Then the editorial came, and it made me rethink the cover completely. Where I thought understyled, I started to see understated. Instead of lazy, I felt it nonchalant. There is an intimacy, a personal je-ne-sais-quoi to both cover and editorial that reminds me of Helena's Instagram, Kuma's presence being a strong reason why. I find myself coming back to this issue over and over again. Quiet and subtle, the homage to Christensen is there, nonetheless. And that is, in itself, praiseworthy. Also, any Vogue that does its thing has my support, Portugal and Scandinavia being the winner and the runner-up in my book, respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->