Vogue Turkey April 2016 : Julie Hoomans by Miguel Reveriego

Well this is way worse than what Vogue Taiwan offered in the past few months

At least Vogue Taiwan (and even more their Numéro) has the kitsch kick. Vogue Turkey used to be refined and high level and now they have a brilliant model, a good photographer and they come up with this crap. So sad and sorry to look at this.

Poor Julie..excited for a Vogue opportunity BUT...this cover is a sad mess and Hoomans is stuck right in the middle of it looking lost. :ermm:

This is not good :( The colors are not pretty and the styling is bad. Poor Julie !

Vogue Türkiye April 2016
"Gece Gündüz Istanbul"
Photographer: Miguel Reveriego
Stylist: Konca Aykan
Hair: Ferit Belli
Make-up: Ali Riza Özdemir
Casting: Piergiorgio Del Moro

nextmanagement

The images of Julie on location in Instanbul, during the day are so much stronger and the styling compliments the concept. The 'night' inspirited styling and imagery is too hard on the eyes. I understand where they were going it just wasn't executed the way it could have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to be one of the worst Vogue covers I´ve seen in some time! Nothing works, I cannot believe someone thought this would be a good idea to publish.

They could have selected a shot from the outdoor shoot!

the studio shots are tragic.

Good grief, everything is all over the place here. I don't get the clashing art direction, and I suppose part of the fault lies with Miguel. There's nothing wrong with layering and diptychs, but some form of balance needs to be maintained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sennin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->