Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Facebook/Vogue Turkey

Attachments

• 576486_10151222378892722_611019847_n.jpg
    576486_10151222378892722_611019847_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 175
Woah what is this mess. Striking but irrelevant...
Posted via Mobile Device

Is that the actual cover? Cause i'm not believing it until someone confirms it. :shock:

It actually is. It's their art issue .....:innocent:

Tarihte Miro ve Dali den sonra 3.kez bir sanatçı Vogue kapağında, Vogue Kasım Sanat Sayısında Taner Ceylan Kapakta
twitter/TanerCeylan

via Google Translation: Miro and Dali, an artist for the 3rd time after the date on the cover of Vogue, Taner Ceylan on the cover of Vogue November issue of Art

it doesn't look like Vogue, more like Numéro mixed with Dazd&Confused but somehow I find the image really powerful and so creative. It reminded me an old Penn feeling. It's very weird and a lot for Vogue but I don't know I don't hate it.

Editorial:

Göster Gücünü (Show Your Strength)
Photographer: Sofia Sanchez & Mauro Mongiello
Model: Shannan Click
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Hair: Kayla Michele
Make-Up: Manami Ishikawa

womenmanagaement.blogspot

A very daring cover to put out there, but there is something quite beautiful about the cover.

I admire them more than anything for publishing this.

Striking cover! Just as an art-themed issue should be.

I do actually like this cover very much. Besides (or beyond) the fact I quite like the visual, I like the choice. How many so-called "art issues" are released every year and are just a regular cover with what the editor thinks people will consider as "slightly artier" than what's been done on their other covers? And how to complain about something that actually looks different when most of the editions of Vogue have nothing else to propose than the same old soup, over and over again (Vogue US and its actresses, Vogue UK and its Kate Moss by Testino, Vogue Paris' recent lack of creativity and inspiration, the young Vogue Netherlands that looks so often like another Marie-Claire and so on...)? I can agree that some might not like the visual as a matter of taste, I still can agree one can think it's too literal for an art issue, but, I can't get how someone can throw stones at Vogue Turkey for trying when so many magazines have just given up trying anything at all and hold on to old, worn out formulas that are totally unable to provoke any aestethic excitement.

Kudos for a very different approach.
Very effective for the fact that it is strikingly modern and then has very vintage feel also. Not quite sure how this will go down in Turkey though.

How many so-called "art issues" are released every year and are just a regular cover with what the editor thinks people will consider as "slightly artier" than what's been done on their other covers? And how to complain about something that actually looks different when most of the editions of Vogue have nothing else to propose than the same old soup, over and over again (Vogue US and its actresses, Vogue UK and its Kate Moss by Testino, Vogue Paris' recent lack of creativity and inspiration, the young Vogue Netherlands that looks so often like another Marie-Claire and so on...)? I can agree that some might not like the visual as a matter of taste, I still can agree one can think it's too literal for an art issue, but, I can't get how someone can throw stones at Vogue Turkey for trying when so many magazines have just given up trying anything at all and hold on to old, worn out formulas that are totally unable to provoke any aesthetic excitement.
Bravo.

I'm still thinking about the picture chosen for the cover but the choice alone goes a little beyond that, I applaud them for being risky but mostly for being Vogue, with readers conditioned to what 'Vogue' is supposed to look and delivering something that's provoking and not necessarily meant to appeal.

Wow! This is interesting. Not fashion-y and absolutely not Vogue-ish, buy very striking and, in a weird way, beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->