Vogue UK September 2008 : Karen Elson by Nick Knight

Nice to see Karen on the cover, but I don't like it very much, her ed/interview looks great though. I also like Anna's and Agnete/Kamila eds.

I absolutely adore her but I'm not sure about the cover. I hardly ever find UK Vogue inspiring and much prefer French Vogue, but in any case it's great to see her back on a front cover! :heart:

Editorials
'Uptown Girl'
Model:Catherine McNeil
Photographer:Regan Cameron
Fashion Editor: Charlotte Pilcher

'The Red Queen' w/Interview
Model:Karen Elson
Photograher:Nick Knight
Fashion Editor: ???

'Take The High Road'
Models:Agnete Hegelund + Kamilla Filipcikova
Photographer:Venetia Scott

'What Lies Beneath'
Model:Guinevere van Seenus
Photographer:Javier Valhonrat
Fashion Editor: Lucinda Chambers

'The Edge Of Elegance'
Model:Natalia Chabenko
Photographer:Mikael Jansson

'Dolly Mixture'
Model:Anna Selezneva
Photographer:Mario Testino

Could someone please tell me who styled are those :unsure:??

^luncinda styled the nick knight&mario testino eds and kate phelan styled the v.scott ed

lol i rememberd i answered similar question before,atB)

back to topic,love the guinevere ed:heart:and the font of the eds is just :sick:!!!!

:buzz: I absolutly love the Dolly Mixture ed, best ed I have seen in Vogue UK in a lonnggg time. Thanks for posting

A nice cover and a great edition of Vogue UK:D
If any model deserves a cover of this Vogue it is Karen Elson^_^ over a career spanning more than 10 years now she appeared in numerous eds for them, and although she shared a cover with a bunch of other girls on Testino British models shoot, she really warranted one on her own.B) I'm so pleased she got a spread inside too.:D
Just love the Cat McNeil ed. also.:heart:
Thanks to everyone who's posted scans in this thread.:flower::flower:

^luncinda styled the nick knight&mario testino eds and kate phelan styled the v.scott ed

lol i rememberd i answered similar question before,atB)
I remembered it tooB:(shifty: Thanks again, Xiexie ka-super!

The cover is NO THANKS!
I like Jansson's and Venetia Scott's edits.
Jansson's b/w edit looks good. I like its title font & colour effect too.

Thanks for all the scans:flower:

I got this in the post this morning, ripping off the plastic, I saw the back cover, flipped it over, and thought, "oh... it's Karen Elson".

I'm a lover of red, but the problem I have with the cover is that it's too much of the same shade; it's as if the colour all exists on the same wavelenth, so when it reaches your eyes, there's nothing distinguishing itself. To have introduced a block of opposing colour into the mix would have ruined the mood of the cover, but I do think varying the reds, giving some a differing undertone, would have added something, so that your eye had something to follow on the cover. As it stands, it all melds into one, for me.

The idea of the cover, I do applaud it, this idea of redhead gothic, with British model Karen Elson in fire, blood-red and lace. But that's my head speaking, not my heart.

The contents were OK, good to see some new faces, not surprised to see more of some old friends, but I wasn't blown away by any of it. None of it seemed new to me, and I felt like I was simply getting a bigger issue of regular UK Vogue, with deja vu about the edits, like I'd seen them somewhere before. I didn't get the promised sense of a whole new season blowing in, I got the sense of being back in some other year.

On the other hand, I absolutely love the articles, they stopped me in my tracks when I was getting ready to go out, so there's plenty to get involved with in this issue.

Overall, it's a nice issue, a decent issue, a large issue - but I remember September magazines rocking my world, and this one doesn't. I'll read it, but I won't be keeping it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not liking any of the editorials:(And hate how the editorial's titles are written:doh:

Good issue i like the ed of Testino and Nick Knight

love that karen got the cover! she looks great, but that "Glorious" written in red was completely unecessary. the red queen shots are beautiful and guinevere looks absolutely fabulous in what lies beneath, i love the styling.:heart: take the high road is nice, i especially like kamilla's shots. i hate dolly mixture though, the setting is just wrong:yuk:

i absolutely hate the font of the eds, so cheap looking. i find the cover shot, as well as rest of karen's ed beautiful but the cover itself overall is not very impressive. there's too much writing, too much red and that "glorious" is just cheesy. i only reallu love one shot from all the editorials, the one with catherine sitting on a piano with a black givenchy? dress. i'm not really liking this issue so far but maybe i'll be more impressed once i see it in print

Pretty good issue overall, love Cats editorial, wonderful styling and Guinveres also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->