Vogue Ukraine December 2018 : Karen Elson by Patrick Bienert

Stunning cover and story. There's a beautiful sensitivity to the images which Karen brings to life in a way that only she can. In love with this!

If by "new elegance" they mean poorly lit, then so be it...the styling is really nice though. The editorial is quite nice, it's eerie but in a subtle way, they usually overdo it with their themes.

I could do with a full body shot or a single spread to mix things up but maybe they were going for a more cinematic vibe. Either way, a bright spot for this month's issues and I usually detest this magazine.

I'm getting lots of Tilda Swinton and "Only Lovers Left Alive"/"Suspiria"/vamp vibes from the ed. If the theme was along those lines it makes sense the dark/hiding from the sun although I still would prefer a different cover. Love the editorial tho!

I'm getting lots of Tilda Swinton and "Only Lovers Left Alive"/"Suspiria"/vamp vibes from the ed. If the theme was along those lines it makes sense the dark/hiding from the sun although I still would prefer a different cover. Love the editorial tho!

The shot with the red fringe dress definitely reminded me of Suspiria, but I thought it was too much of a grasp, glad someone else saw that resemblance!

Amazing editorial! I feel like I'm looking at screenshots for a movie. It's very dramatic. :wub: I might have to look into buying this if I can find it.

Very cinematic, so beautiful. But I'm gonna see this title turns out. If they go back to their 90s trendy aesthetic then I'm not gonna buy it.

Must admit that I've never been a huge advocate for Vogue Ukraine but I cannot hate on this for how festive, elegant and perfect the shot of Karen is for a December issue. 2018's answer to Karen's divine December 2004 cover for Vogue Italia, as @[B]mikel[/B] perfectly pointed out.

Most magazines are afraid of going down the obvious route this time of year but when done tastefully, the results are beautiful - like this! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->