Vogue World: Paris - Live Fashion Event 2024

As fun as VogueWorld felt as a concept initially, now it's too much. It's unclear to me what the actual purpose is for the event.
Anna Wintour flaunting her power and connections to the masses (especially to those outside of fashion) in a world domination format, especially when she can name drops Macron and all that. It's pretty tone deaf in 2024, but well...

I just hope the designers are not modelling, cough Jacquemus

As fun as VogueWorld felt as a concept initially, now it's too much. It's unclear to me what the actual purpose is for the event.
It’s a PR exercise…
A way to include fashion in the narrative of the Olympics and sell a Glamorous image of Paris before the Olympics and one of the most crucial part of the year: summer.
A lot of brands are more than happy to participate because it’s under the umbrella of Vogue.

It's pretty tone deaf in 2024, but well...

To be totally honest, anything fashion is totally tone deaf at any time or any circumstances anyway from an outside POV.

The only thing is that luxury is France’s biggest industry so somehow, this kind of superficial event has more at stake than what it seems…

The backstage makeup and intro seems promising but Cara doesnt seem for the right host for a Parisian themed event,

Anna Wintour flaunting her power and connections to the masses (especially to those outside of fashion) in a world domination format, especially when she can name drops Macron and all that. It's pretty tone deaf in 2024, but well...
The concept of luxury in itself is tone deaf but then in a world full of crises and problems its good to get away from it once in a while and have something positive.

The only thing is that luxury is France’s biggest industry so somehow, this kind of superficial event has more at stake than what it seems…
It's called soft power! And France - along with Europe - is more than right to exercise it.

Some of the audience, however, look like they're attending against their own free will.
I mean after months of doing collections, resort and menswear, a 2/3 weeks of shows, it’s just another show…
This event is purely for those watching from home lol.

It's called soft power! And France - along with Europe - is more than right to exercise it.
Exactly! I mean, the best people to sell that fake idea of Paris are still Americans!

This is Funny Faces by Vogue in 2024 lol

Cara doesnt seem for the right host for a Parisian themed event
I agree, so random, at least get Lily Collins

The concept of luxury in itself is tone deaf but then in a world full of crises and problems its good to get away from it once in a while and have something positive.
Depends on how you view things, I would argue that this is doing the opposite, it's making me dislike fashion. To me, this is no escapism, this is everything wrong with the world wrap in 30 minutes

This is a pop culture event like the Grammys with some expensive clothes in it. That said, the production here is more expensive and seamless than the London one.

The fact that Anna is hiring Carine Roitfeld to do the styling shows… so no beef?

Exactly! I mean, the best people to sell that fake idea of Paris are still Americans!

This is Funny Faces by Vogue in 2024 lol

fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->