Vogue World: Paris - Live Fashion Event 2024

I loooooooooooooooved Aya Nakamura's opening wearing Jean Paul Gaultier Couture.
I need, need, need to know what song she was singing. What a beautiful opening that was. Not sure if the song was a special remix for that performance. But im super obsessed. Stunning with all the Chanel couture from the 20's.

GettyImages-2158890362.jpg

Just skimming it, but... I'm out. Such equestrian talent...

View attachment 1281494

They were dressed in Hermes, "head to hoove" Cara said. NGL, that's fab. Sorry. They did their thing.
Also, giggling at Natalia Vodianova just having a conversation with Jean Paul Gaultier and not paying attention while Pharrell is bobbing his head to the beats sitting right next to Ana's bob. hahahah

And Teyana Taylor coming out in 50's Paco Rabbane. Come on, this 8 down.

"Vogue Whatever: Paris" feels more accurate. It´s so random I can imagine Anna throwing a couple of dices to choose each look.
I hope those vintage 1920s dresses are reproductions and not originals...

I loooooooooooooooved Aya Nakamura's opening wearing Jean Paul Gaultier Couture.
I need, need, need to know what song she was singing. What a beautiful opening that was. Not sure if the song was a special remix for that performance. But im super obsessed. Stunning with all the Chanel couture from the 20's.

GettyImages-2158890362.jpg

The song is called "Fly" she released it couple years ago but made a special version for the event

The more I think about it, the more the 1970s segment that was a tribute to the AMERICAN??? designers at the Battle of Versailles!?!?!? Without mentioning any of the American designers!?!?!? Grinds my gears!! Honestly, that’s kind of messed up. It’s too much how fashion refuses to honestly acknowledge history sometimes.

I really liked the selection of dresses they showed today. And I loved learning the history behind this Lanvin bathing suit/dress:

This is way much better than last year's show. I like the energy of the show! I hope they also bring this kind of energy to the pages of the magazine, because it can be a little bit depressing sometimes.

This is all that’s wrong with fashion these days. The styling and the looks were seriously to panic about. I guess it was the purpose, since this was for the masses, but oh dear lord. American next top model at its worst.

Then we complain about the state of fashion… this was disgusting. Pure fashion circus.

Trashy mass market manufactured fun. As such I thought it worked better than I expected. I was cringing at first, but eased into it. Masses love sports! What can you do.

I did like some of the casting and styling a lot, Anna V and the white horse ate and left no crumbs boots the house down lol.

I was expecting Eurovision levels of embarrassment, and this was way above that.

Ironically, this felt like one of the most American things I've ever seen, like an 'Emily in Paris' version of French fashion. There was a lot of subtext in this event I won't get into, but I feel like someone could write a thesis paper on how this whole thing represents the current state of entertainment, media, society, fashion, and culture in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->