W February 2014 : Best Performances by Juergen Teller

Nepenthes

Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence, Oprah Winfrey, Lupita Nyong'o, Matthew McConaughey, Cate Blanchett, Amy Adams

Styled by Edward Enningful

wmagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks really promising. Can't wait to see the portfolio by Juergen Teller inside this issue!

I like all covers but Lupita steals it for me. She looks so effortless and charming. Cate's cover is also great!

Oooh boy, do not like. Jennifer looks terrified in that shot! Lupita's is really cute though.

I guess my first post was deleted?

In any event, I love Lawrence's cover (which I assume will be the only one on newsstands), but Lupita's is my favorite. I don't think it's possible for the woman to look bad in a photograph.

I really hated those silver Dior dresses but Lupita looks great in it. Love the mood of her cover.

Best Performances
The actors who killed it this year get real

wmagazine

Amanda's shot is so dreamy! Love her in that Dior dress!

hm, seems i never get the appeal of Tellers work, especially those washedout colours together with that snapshot look of the pics doesn't work for me :huh:

love most of these but lea, amy, amanda and lupita nyong'o shine for me. some odd choices but mostly great just missing a bit of bale action

Lupita's and Cate's covers are the best but still not great. Can I just say how absolutely awful Amy's cover is?

And it's quite hilarious how Teller's photography even makes some of these stars looks terribly rough, old and downright ugly. Why choose him?

So happy to see Juergen shooting the actors' portoflio again this year. Now if only he shot a fashion ed for W, I would be in heaven. Speaking of heaven, Lupita looks out of this world in her photos. :heart: Too bad her cover is the subsriber one.

The only thing bothering me is their new font. Do they change that every 3 months?

Yeah, those aren't what I would call quintessential cover shots. I understand W has more of an edge as opposed to a title like Vogue but these don't do anything for me. All of the covers are pretentious. The fonts and composition both look atrocious for such an established publication. What on earth's happened to W?

love this. i love teller's celebrity portraits. they're always a breath of fresh air.
but wtf @ the michael b jordan one? it looks totally out of place and random.
I hope i'll get Lupita's cover.

Lupita >>> Everyone else.

I'm so sick of seeing Jlaw and Amy Adams everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->