W Magazine January 2006

F

fashionologie

Coming-out party: Recovering anorexic and NYU dropout Mary-Kate Olsen is finally dishing to the glossies after rehab and a long silence. Lowdown hears that the 19-year-old brunette Olsen twin will grace the January cover of W Magazine and share her insights on fashion and film in an accompanying interview. Acclaimed photographer David Sims shot MK on Monday night at Milk Studios for the spread. Olsen's PR rep, Michael Pagnotta, explained: "Ashley did a solo cover for Harper's Bazaar last summer, and this was an opportunity for Mary-Kate to do her own. She's feeling great and wanted to do something beautiful. It was her decision."

source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/364138p-310075c.html

^ Thanks for posting.

I bet a lot of members here aren't going to be happy with the cover choice. I, on the other hand, am interested in what they shot... I'm pretty fascinated by the Olsen Twins... though I don't really dig MK's disheveled look.

Erin I completely agree.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

I agree with you as well Erin.. I'm very interested in what MK has planned since she dropped out of college to focus on their company.. I'll buy this issue

^well, me neither!! how could they do this? ....... wrong choice for a cover, really wrong choice!

I'm sure it will SELL, and in the end that is all mags are concerned with.

yeah...
it will sell...smart move...
smart people at W...

Originally Posted by Erin:
I bet a lot of members here aren't going to be happy with the cover choice. I, on the other hand, am interested in what they shot... I'm pretty fascinated by the Olsen Twins... though I don't really dig MK's disheveled look.

i feel the same way... i thought Ashley's cover turned out pretty good, so i don't expect Mary-Mate's to be too bad. "W" will make it look good ^_^

i'm only interested in seeing it because david sims shot it...

i loved his work in the september vogue paris, and hopefully the photography and styling will be interesting...

i am excited to see mary-kate in all designer clothes. . . it will be an interesting change!
although, when it comes to the interview, i hope they don't prod her about the e.d.

This is an interesting move for W...it's going to be nice to see her looking healthy though. In the recent pics I've seen she's gained some weight and looks much better.

Also, lots of girls consider her "fashionable" so I guess that's why W would put her on the cover?

So I came across this cover and editorial for Selma Blair, and the date definitely says January (I can't make out the year), but I'm confused, because I thought it was supposed to be Mary Kate... Any ideas?

source: http://hotbisexualmodel.blogspot.com

Attachments

• selma.jpg
    selma.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 21
  • selma2.jpg
    selma2.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 13
maybe selma has the cover and mk has an ed? i don't like selma's ed though... she looks really, really, really BORED

^Wow... I can't make out the year either... but... if that's the cover then I'm sold! :woot:

Ive already seen this cover long time ago. Its a back issue so its not selma blair on the cover of this year issue

okay, thank you...

that's what I was figuring, but I just wanted to check :flower:

do you happen to know what year it is from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Selma Blair is the new face of Chanel so it possible that she will be in the spotlight for the next few months, maybe starting with covers such as W. Just a guess.

Oh I guess not then :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->