W Volume #2 2018 : Florence Welch, Janelle Monae, Rianne Van Rompaey & Adwoa Aboa

mistress_f

Hell on Heels
Reaction score
Shot by Greta Gerwig

Jordan Peele:

and Luca Guadagnino:

wmagazine.com

Can we get the old W back, please? We don’t need this faux indie crap. Thank you!

We all saw the death of magazines coming but I didn’t think it would happen in one big swoop like this.

God, the level of pretense!!

Even with interesting people on board, Tonchi simply can't produce worthy content without coming off so try hard, and forced!!

I am very interested in what Janelle and Florence have to say, especially when photographed and directed by young visionaries such as Greta and Jordan.

Luca's editorial with Adwoah and Rianne has great images. They look like movie stills from an homage to Kubrick's The Shining, which I guess is sort of the point when you get a director to shoot an editorial.

So yeah, that's the most positive I can get here.

The Cover with Adwoa and Rianne looks like Interview...

And I agree, horrible...

Editor: Jordan Peele
Photographer: Collier Schorr
Stylist: Sara Moonves
Hair: Nikki Nelms
Makeup: Dick Page
Star: Janelle Monae

wmagazine

Editor: Greta Gerwig
Photographer: Tina Barney
Hair: Esther Langham
Makeup: Aaron de Mey
Star: Florence Welch

wmagazine

Editor & Photographer: Luca Guadagnino
Hair: Akki
Makeup: Dick Page
Models: Rianne van Rompaey and Adwoa Aboah

wmagazine

What exactly is the point of getting Film Directors to "direct" professional fashion photographers shooting fashion editorials??

Everyone's time and creativity were wasted on this pretentious nonsense.

What exactly is the point of getting Film Directors to "direct" professional fashion photographers shooting fashion editorials??

Everyone's time and creativity were wasted on this pretentious nonsense.

Absolute ridiculous! And sorry but the line-up may work visually, but certainly not in print. I want to know what's the point of hiring directiors when the likes of Harley Weir, Cass Bird and Jamie Hawkesworth are doing a better job anyway??? Greta and Jordan doesn't deserve to get covers. But I suppose I must prepare myself for Steve McQueen in British Vogue. That'll happen soon enough.

Why don't Anna just fire Tonchi and maybe Sarah Moonves as well and salvage what's left of this miserable rag? He's not into it she wants it to survive, it can work for everyone. And Sarah seems to think anything goes ever since she started here.

Oh look, Adwoa again. Brilliant. Nice to see she's kept the semi-conscious look too! Maybe next time she'll go the full hog and fall asleep in the editorial :rolleyes:

W is so irrelevant these days.

Sarah Moonves' work is...not even worthy of my commentary. How she got a fashion director's role at a magazine that only a decade ago used to pioneer and push high-fashion forward is beyond baffling to me.

imo the covers are terrible but the content is consistent with the old W, I like most of it.

Am I one of the few who loves this? Well, love Janelle's editorial. I think it's incredible!
I get so bored with studio fashion shoots or lazy outdoor ones. Give me a narrative, give me some art direction.
I say props to W for taking a risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->