Weekend Getaway But...

Honey

Reaction score
So I get to go on a little weekend getaway to visit my boyfriends family member in Arizona. Great.
Problem is, I need shoes. I've been so caught up in the whole fall/winter thing in Chicago, that I don't even think I remember what sandals look like :wacko:
I need something simple, comfy, and not astronomically priced.
Here are three random choices that I like. Which is your favorite? I'm open to your suggestions too!
(By the way, what do you think of white in January??)

Choice 1:
Miu Miu
white and black floral cotton bowtie sandals

Choice 2:
Robert Clergerie
Robert Clergerie
black leather sandals with tinted plastic heels

Choice 3:
Prada
white patent leather buckle-front sandals

:heart: the miu mius are so very lovely, but may not be very versatile. white in january, in the heat, will of course make up for the lack of snow and no doubt everyone will be grateful for you bringing some winter spirit. :rolleyes:

love the MIU MIU :heart: pair but i would go for the PRADA. they are easier to mix :wink: .

i love WHITE in WINTER :woot:

i like the miu miu pair best.
You can even wear them with black opaque tights if need arise, i prefer that those are not all white (or all black) because they become more versalite this way..

excuse my clue-less-ness Honey, but how warm will it be in Arizona? :unsure:

i wish you both have the best winter break ever :flower:

Thank you Lena! And thanks to everyone else for their opinions too!

Arizona is warm. We're talking desert!

oh girl...i hope your bf's family doesn't have a thing about white shoes in the winter...i know in my neck of the woods, it's a definite no-no. i love the miu miu and prada styles, but the color is a risk. for color alone i would chose the robert clergerie

my mother retired to florida and to this day she will not wear white anything after labor day, no matter how blazing hot it is in winter.

<----The BF (moi)

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 8th, 2003 - 1:30 pm
oh girl...i hope your bf's family doesn't have a thing about white shoes in the winter...
No worries there. My family doesn't even know that there are people out there that have a problem with it. WHy is it such a big deal?

My familys idea on fashion=If it's comfortable, affordable, and doesn't make your eyes hurt, wear it. If it costs a ton or isn't needed (like a new pair of shoes when you have over 100... /nudge honey) then don't bother wasting your money on it.

Originally posted by Honey@Dec 8th, 2003 - 3:17 pm
WHy is it such a big deal?
i've been trying to figure that out all my life...

and it's not a matter of cheap/not cheap (with my mother)...i could just hear her saying, "there are just certain things that aren't done"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"