White Shoes-Debate

i like white sandals- a lot. Very summery-

but I think white shoes look stupid, except perhaps with a wedding dress- and even then i still prefer sandals

I can't think of too many things 'hotter' than a tall, trim, well tanned girl in a tight white dress and white pumps.

Just one of those 'things' I guess.

Some like it, some don't.

I love white shoes. I have these and wear them much more then the black ones (I have them too). All white shoes are good for summer I find.

nordstrom.com

_5163532.jpg

I think white shoes are fresh. I really wanted the white Louboutin Gwenissimas - but now they are gone - except for this pair on Ebay - not my size-----GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

162854872_2763f8b6a2.jpg

I think they're quite lovely. Gotta watch wear you step though.. but other than that they go with almost anything.

i wanted to revive this thread ^_^

how do you like white shoes now? i was asking this myself, because i saw a white pair of shoes which i really like. they are high heeled oben toe shoes and i think they look really cool. on the other hand i am not sure if i'll get much use of them. i am not "used" to white shoes.
how would you wear white shoes?
i was thinking about white dress and white shoes. or white jeans and black top.

I have a cotton white eyelet dress that I wore at my wedding reception 2 years ago (I borrowed white sandals to match). Ever since I have been looking for shoes to match. I haven't found any sandals I liked so I finally just bought these off endless's 80& off sale:
3034-257318-p.jpg

(image from endless.com)

I wasn't sure about the loafer/moccasin with a dress thing, but the dress is Lily Pulitzer also so maybe the preppy looks will go together. Plus, I figured they could be worn with jeans.

I do not think I have ever had a pair of white shoes, not even for my wedding. So this is a first for me!

I`m not a fan of white shoes, the only white shoes I liked were LV pumps in summer 2009. On this ad
x_5c152480.jpg

I prefer beige or light-brown, pale-pink, creamy color shoes instead of totally white.
pic - old louis vuitton ad, from louisvuitton.com

how would you wear white shoes?
i was thinking about white dress and white shoes. or white jeans and black top.

Sounds fine. They should go with anything light colored and spring/summer themed; pastels, prints, florals.

i'm always drawn to white shoes and boots...

but i've recently become obsessed with the idea of white shoes, especially worn with black...
there is something very cool about it which i can't define...
sometimes it's even better when they get scuffed and worn...
:heart:

even though i already have some white shoes, i think i've finally found a pair to satisfy my current craving...
yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
^share a picture!:woot:

I've been wanting a good pair of white shoes for a while but the problem is usually that it can look quite cheap when it's supposed to be a leather look.. I'm still keeping my eyes open

eerily attracted to these.

nyt

Attachments

• EC5G09521.jpg
    EC5G09521.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4
I love wearing these beauties with an otherwise all-black outfit. I think it looks lovely. It's a hard look to pull off in cold, rainy England though, especially at this time of the year. I have some white flatforms which I love to wear over the summer, either with bare legs or black jeans depending on the weather. Oh and I love my white Supergas! It is a bit of a mission to keep white shoes clean, but if you're willing to take a bit of extra care then I'd say it's definitely worth trying this look.

Image source: Zara.com

Attachments

• zaraf.jpg
    zaraf.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 2
I have mixed feelings with white shoes. They can look tacky and cheap. Mostly they do. But like the shoes above, looks nice. Also i liked Kenzo's two toned chelsea boots. White with black toe cap.

I like to wear white shoes only for special occasions, they become dirty really fast((

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->