White Shoes-Debate

i think white shoes are so fun...:P

i used to be totally against them of course...
but it's such a refreshingly modern option now...

i have a great pair from veronique branquinho...
round toe with an ankle strap...so cute...
might try to take a pic sometime...

What is the big deal about white shoes?!? I didn't realize people had such strong opinions about them. I like 'em. Unless they're ugly. Just like any other shoe.

softgrey said:
i think white shoes are so fun...:P

i used to be totally against them of course...
but it's such a refreshingly modern option now...

i have a great pair from veronique branquinho...
round toe with an ankle strap...so cute...
might try to take a pic sometime...

so when you wear the white shoes what do you do about your legs - do you wear tights or no tights? Thats my problem with all light coloured shoes. the Tights Issue.

no tights...
looks good with a straight knee length denim skirt and a shrunken blazer
(i have a grey one i like)and a pale pink top

here's a bad pic that i took only for myself..
trying to work out this vest ...
but i kind of like the all white thing...

edit-
just remembered another pair of viintage white pumps i have from the 80's-very pointy toe with a kitten heel(faux croc texture)
i've worn that with all blk(even black tights) and a white cropped boxy jacket from thimister...a more 'edgy' look...
but still sort of understated...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
very nice softgrey - like the skirt & vest thingy.....its wearable broken bride I think in its sentiment.

you are lucky your legs are a nice colour - I would literally look like a ghost in that outfit. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Softgrey, Ohh those are cute, I want them! allright hand them over ^_^ :lol:

Off topic; you look great and I love the necklace. :flower:

..goodness soft----you're not in black or navy...:woot: :heart:
just kidding girl....but that ensemble looks fantastic....such a nice suprise..!

i own 2 or 3 pairs of white shoes
have never thought much about it....other than keeping them clean, of course, which is the hardest part..

both are flats...one very crisp looking...sharp
the others are more sporty...round-toe...with a black velcro strap across the top of the foot....scandinavian looking, to me

but i wear them both and love them....and never seem to have a problem with them standing out ostentatiously..!

thanks helena...
OT-still working out the closure on that vest...
might need to add buttons or ribbon ties...it's just pinned there...

check out the edit-another nice option i think....with tights!..

and thanks tine---:heart:
you too adorefaith...^_^

yes i can see pointy flatish shoes with black tights working well - a bit mod a bit punk.

I have a pair of cream cat face flats but I almost never wear them because of the Tights Issue.

AlexN said:
What is the big deal about white shoes?!? I didn't realize people had such strong opinions about them.

I guess they do, but THE thing people have the most opinions about seem to be bowties in my experience...

On a scale of 'coolness' bowties would be at one end and white shoes the other. Bowties would be at the cool end...

^ heehee! You mean that relative scale of coolness, right?

very pretty soft :heart:

-- personally i love white shoes. though i feel extremely odd wearing black shoes, therefore i never do. it's just wrong for e, i have no idea why ... :unsure:

mettchen omg ! me too !
i can only wear black shoes with certain things.
feel very odd wearing them with trousers & with jeans !
reminds me of school uniform i think :lol:

very nice soft! it has never occured to me that white shoes are a problem. in fact, i find my white classic tailored shoes complement my washed out blue jeans better than black shoes. not to mention the sound of black outfits and white shoes combo.

dwt523.jpg
White shoes (or any light colored shoe)are okay. Except with dark legging. Goes back to the Minnie Mouse syndrome...:lol:

^ :lol: I actually wouldn't mind wearing that, Only because of the Minnie mouse syndrom though. :P

thanks mettchen, battles...:flower:

yes brian, they are...

labeladdict...love the minnie mouse reference...:lol:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->