What are your "MUST READ" books?

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

Also, I love Haruki Murakami. All of his books are wonderfully simplistic and complex - easy to read, but thought provoking.

Favourite books you have read and would recommend others to read.

I have just finished reading a book called,My Best Friends Girl. Its such an enjoyable book, once i started reading this book i found it very difficult to put it down,it grips you from the begining right to the very end.
On the bk of the book some one had qoted'Iwas laughing and crying from one page.this book deals with grown up issues,friendship,death,betrail and forgiveness-a very moving read- I totally agree, i truely enjoyed this book,i dont read that much either but i really do recomend people to buy this.Hope you enjoy it as much as me.
If anyone has read this let me know what you think please?
Any books you have read and you truely enjoyed please post with title and a little about it or qotes.
ps sorry if there is already a book thread,if there is please will you move this one to it.I did try to look.
Thank you
pss Sorry just found it can this pleas be moved,am so sorry to be pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Its totally a weird topic and a bit disturbing at points. But it also has some hysterical moments, and it covers a true event

Disco Bloodbath by James St. James

Also I LOVE anything by Anais Nin.

The Gods of Eden - William Brahmley

&

A Man In Full - Tom Wolfe

my all time favorite books

Actually the book I am currently reading- it's a compilation of stories by
F. Scott Fitzgerald:
This Side of Paradise
Flappers and Philosophers (lots of different stories)
The Beautiful and Damned
Tales of The Jazz Age
(again, lots of different stories)

I just think his style of writing is so beautiful. I once heard that he wrote and rewrote every sentence until he thought it was perfect, and I believe it!

Memoirs of a Geisha. The movie was horrible! It cut so many important things!

I also recommend The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. It's my favorite book <3

any book with poems by mayakovski
short stories by chechov
damn, i cannot remember how to write manes of authors on eng....
anuway, i love russian writters, they are dark, full of realistic descriptions, but russians are not easy to read.... they are nothing like english writters, who are interesting,but just too simple for my taste.

also, i love book about r'n'r history, u have books on scandals in the late 60's and early 70's, they are quite interesting and dramatic,even shocking.
at the moment i am reading rock'n'roll scandals,written in 1994.

Memoirs of a Geisha. The movie was horrible! It cut so many important things!

I also recommend The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. It's my favorite book <3

I agree. The movie did not really do the book justice. I remember parts of the book being pretty funny, and you never saw that in the movie.

Actually the book I am currently reading- it's a compilation of stories by
F. Scott Fitzgerald:
This Side of Paradise
Flappers and Philosophers (lots of different stories)
The Beautiful and Damned
Tales of The Jazz Age
(again, lots of different stories)

I just think his style of writing is so beautiful. I once heard that he wrote and rewrote every sentence until he thought it was perfect, and I believe it!
As do I!

*swooooooooonz*

He truly is/was a master. I've just finished The Great Gatsby, I've read Tender is the Night and I'm dying to get my hands on Flappers and Philosophers!

Russian literature is fantastic, but english writters are so snarky and witty, can't compare the two.

I agree with everyone who said 1984 and Fitzgerald! but also:
On the Road and Desolation Angels by Jack Kerouac
Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
and anything by Wilde or Burroughs.

i suggest Enrich Maria Remark i love him,i dunno why but i like all his books

Also, I love Haruki Murakami. All of his books are wonderfully simplistic and complex - easy to read, but thought provoking.

Love...love...love Murakami!!!...Yukio Mishima also...

Some of my favourites...Crime & Punishment...Catcher in the Rye...100 Years of Solitude...The Divine Comedy...To kill a mockingbird...Roots...1984...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita
Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveler's Wife

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

One Hundred Years of Solitude, I keep coming back to it, thinking about it at the most inopportune times. Like now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->