What Bag To Buy?

sewingfairy3

Reaction score
I am saving up for a designer bag, I have $800 so far, and I'm still saving. What is the best brand of bag to buy, that will last a long time, and match a lot of outfits...I'm leaning toward a louis vuitton bag, but when i told my parents how much they cost, they're jaws dropped. i look everywhere, neiman marcus, nordstrom, the internet, everywhere (i'm very scared to go in the louis vuitton store because of the prices)...does anybody have any opinions as to a good brand, where to look, or should i wait and save up for the louis vuitton?

www.net-a-porter.com
www.yoox.com

Carry cheaper designer bags...some of them just as nice...check your local thrift stores as well (I have a thrift store near me which has a men's Vuitton, which I'm buying, a pair of gold Miu Miu heels and a D&G ball gown - this is just what I saw in the window)...

Oh, and the delightful Ms. Strawberry Daiquiri has some pictures of some rather sumptous, and cheap, bags by Helen Cody in this folder.

Personally, I would opt for a bag by Gucci. They are priced around the amount you have saved, and if you go with black, will match everything. I would stay away from logo LV bags, they are getting out of hand. Instead, go for something from the Epi Leather collection...Here are some suggestions below, none of them retail for over $900.00 (I think) :wink:

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:24 pm
this one is cute....
I have this one in red and :heart: it.
I was thinking of getting either the SAINT JACQUES or the JASMIN and I ended up with the JASMIN.

back to the original topic: I'd also suggest a Louis Vuitton. Epi SOUFFLOT or Damier PAPILLON 30. SPEEDY in Epi or make a special order of Damier SPEEDY which costs 30% more and I think it would look so cool. or ALMA in Epi or Damier, they didn't have ALMA in Damier before, just came out. or something like the Damier BRERA, Damier RIBERA small, and Damier SARRIA mini. the list goes on.....
well, I can think of too many good all-around bags from Louis Vuitton, I know I'm a boring LV freak :lol:
I don't find the Monogram Canvas disgusting :lol: , but I definitely like the Epi and Damier more!

some pictures straight from the LV website :flower:

Black SPEEDY EPI
M59032_large.jpg

Red EPI JASMIN
M52087_large.jpg

Black EPI SOUFFLOT
M52222_large.jpg

Moka EPI ALMA
M5214D_large.jpg

Damier PAPILLON 30
N51303_large.jpg

Damier NOLITA
N41455_large.jpg

Damier BRERA
N51150_large.jpg

Damier ALMA
N51131_large.jpg

If you are saving your money on a good purse and you want it to last a long time.
The best purse for you to buy is a Louie Vuitton the only really expensive ones are the mult colored and they dont match with every outfit and the most they run is a $1500.
They last you a very long time, and they repair it for you for free if something ever happens to it. The leather is is good leather. This lady I met at Louie Vuitton has had her purse for 20 years and it looks great. They last you a long time.
Other bags like Gucci and Prada and so on.... they are cute but they get worn out.
Leather on Gucci isnt real thick.
You should go to SAKS FIFTH AVE. they have all the top purses.
And to get the real good LV, you will need to order it. Because at most Louie stores they only have the brown and gold one's, but just in different styles. They don't have all the different purses laying out. They order it for you.
I hope I was help.

Originally posted by ashleyms32@Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:31 pm
Other bags like Gucci and Prada and so on.... they are cute but they get worn out.
And to get the real good LV, you will need to order it. Because at most Louie stores they only have the brown and gold one's, but just in different styles. They don't have all the different purses laying out. They order it for you.
Actually, although the Prada nylon bags don't age very well, there are other bags, such as the leather ones by Prada, that are of excellent quality... and likewise with Gucci. Also, you CAN get "real good LV" bags at the boutiques, although perhaps not that latest hot item... I've seen a great selection at all of the LV boutiques I've seen across the country and they all carry selections from all of their collections....not COMPLETE, but a good variety (incl. Epi, damier canvas, vernis, mat, suhali, mini monogram, etc.).

Originally posted by meowmix+Jan 1st, 2004 - 9:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Jan 1st, 2004 - 9:49 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ashleyms32@Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:31 pm
Actually, although the Prada nylon bags don't age very well, there are other bags, such as the leather ones by Prada, that are of excellent quality... and likewise with Gucci. Also, you CAN get "real good LV" bags at the boutiques, although perhaps not that latest hot item... I've seen a great selection at all of the LV boutiques I've seen across the country and they all carry selections from all of their collections....not COMPLETE, but a good variety (incl. Epi, damier canvas, vernis, mat, suhali, mini monogram, etc.). [/b][/quote]
Are you trying to say I know nothing?
Even in LA at one of the LV stores by the Chineese Theater, they only have the stupid brown and gold ones but in different styles.
On Rodeo DR. they have many selections but thats one of there biggest stores.
Here in Texas they have small stores with the same damn purse.

Whoaaa chill out... :ninja: I'm only talking about what *I* have seen, even in a small boutique in Northern California where I've seen stuff from every collection, including a great portion of the Suhali collection.

Originally posted by ashleyms32@Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:01 pm
Are you trying to say I know nothing?
Even in LA at one of the LV stores by the Chineese Theater, they only have the stupid brown and gold ones but in different styles.
On Rodeo DR. they have many selections but thats one of there biggest stores.
Here in Texas they have small stores with the same damn purse.
hmmm.....what are the brown and gold ones? I don't really get it :unsure:

I've got the black LV epi soufflot and it's great - I bought the larger size which has a little mini version of it inside which is really cute. I like how it's not as ostentatious and it's not so obvious.

go for a LOUIS VUITTON, :wink:
they are the most classic when it comes to "SURVIVAL OF THE BAGS" and they are not as pricey as a birkin :wacko:

i would without a doubt get a PAPILLON in monogram canvas. i think thats quite good for a first bag :P

Whoever said the Louis Vuittons are getting out of hand was right. All I ever see are women toting them around Bay Street where I work. Most of them are fake, too. But the perfume boutiques that sell fake bags there just got busted and aren't selling them no more... I just don't know what those poor women will do :wink:

Anyway, tangent!

I still really love Louis Vuitton, but instead of going for the classic monogram why not try a Mini Monogram. I think they are terribly cute. But cute and classic, not cute and soon-to-be-dated like the Murakami bags.

I wish I had a picture of some celebs carrying them... I'll update the post if I find any.

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:39 am

hmmm.....what are the brown and gold ones? I don't really get it :unsure:
I think she meant the monogram canvas :rolleyes:

I agree that it is better to go for a LV, not the MONOGRAM, they are well and truly worn out. Try the Damier or EPI range. They will definitely last a lifetime(so I'm told) B) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->