What can I wear it with?

^Thanks for the suggestions! :smile: The bottom of the dress is a grey color. Also, the belt doesn't come with the dress, I was just trying it on (and it's actually teal in real life but looks black here, hmm).

mousquerader: Gladiator sandals would look good with that dress, either flat or high. Keep them simple though, nothing too embellished or they may clash with the print of the dress. A pair of black heeled pumps would be nice for an evening look. Or you could go with wedges or platform heels, a closed in style would probably work best but you could possibly get away with a strappy style if the straps are quite thick and not thin and flimsy looking.

I think that any neutral/nude coloured sandals would go with this, no matter whether they're heals or flats. :flower:

if picture doesn't show, please try: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pmJQsyfdgpeLpEEFq-Jace6g2WeyNCm_ySYk4kZ2xC8?feat=directlink
(photo credit hsn.com)

What can I wear with this woven eliott lucca bag in "poppy" (it is red, and not quite as saturated and orangey as the photo looks, but it is still an orange red rather than a blue red)? Is it strictly a summer bag or can I wear it in the fall? (Oh, and my bag's hardware is goldtone)
pmJQsyfdgpeLpEEFq-Jace6g2WeyNCm_ySYk4kZ2xC8

Last edited by a moderator:
^ As in what colors or...??

For colors, I would just stay away from any very similar reds unless they're either spot on or way off (does that make sense), and I don't think black or blue colors would go well.

To me, yes, it is more a spring/summer bag. Straw/raffia/etc are textures that lend themselves to the warmer seasons and looks. But if your 'season' drags well into September you still get some time with your bag before you pull out again in the spring.

As far as outfits, any daytime look really except professional work attire. I don't really see it as a fancy bag or evening bag. And mixing metals is totally fine; so don't feel like you have to only have gold to wear the bag.
:-)

Thanks, Serenity*Now! Yes, I was thinking of outfits, but also colors. It's actually a woven leather bag rather than straw, if that makes any difference in terms of seasonal versatility?

yasmin i think you can definitely wear the bag as well in the fall since it's leather..
i think it's actually quite versatile in terms of what you can wear it with..

i think it looks like it would pop nicely against contrasting colors, like black/brown outfits, navy or white....

as i said, i think it's versatile, so it's tough to come up with a full outfit suggestion...

boot.jpg

What can I wear these beige combat boots with? Thanks :D

Mines doesn't have the straps but it's laced up like the picture and wedged. :smile:

You need to post a source for the picture. :smile:

I like them, they are really cute. I think I'd wear them with skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. But they also look like they'd go well with summery dresses. I don't think they are too hard to wear. :heart:

^I agree with Diesanni.

You could also wear them in full combat style with cargo kaki slim trousers and a denim shirt.

Or with a little jacket, a simple shirt/blouse and boyfriend shorts.

Well this is a convenient thread. I bought this dress months ago but idk what to wear it with because it's SO FRIGGIN ORANGE.

orangedress.jpg

What colour shoes, bag, cardigan and belt? (I need the belt because the dress is actually a size, or two, too big on me.)

Black looks too harsh, doesn't it?

Well this is a convenient thread. I bought this dress months ago but idk what to wear it with because it's SO FRIGGIN ORANGE.

What colour shoes, bag, cardigan and belt? (I need the belt because the dress is actually a size, or two, too big on me.)

Excuse my n00bness, photo credit: me. :smile:

I agree with you, black would look too harsh. I would probably wear it with blue shades, I think everything from really pale to navy would look good with this. I would avoid greens though, or you might end up looking like your style inspiration was a carrot :lol: :wink:

I think that black flats and a matching bag would go well with this. But I would go with red. It's a little hard to judge because it's always different to see what the dress looks like in real life but going by this picture I'd go with a really bright, bold red or a coral tone. I think that yellow or gold would look great with it as well, any color that underlines the beautiful warm shade of the dress.

I think that black flats and a matching bag would go well with this. But I would go with red. It's a little hard to judge because it's always different to see what the dress looks like in real life but going by this picture I'd go with a really bright, bold red or a coral tone. I think that yellow or gold would look great with it as well, any color that underlines the beautiful warm shade of the dress.

Yeah it's this seventies kind of orange, I don't know what kind of screen you're on but I'm on a macbook and the colour in the pic is just as orange as the dress is in real life. But thanks, I'm going to try some reds and golds!

lottie: Hah a carrot, I actually thought of a giant tangerine. Navy sounds like it should work (and a navy cardigan isn't too hard to find on a budget), thanks!

Not only gold metallics but bronze metallics or similar too! Speaking of bronze-y, I would play with the neutrals/browns with this. Transitioning into fall, it'd look great with a camel-colored trench.

I'm tempted to buy these Margiela boots, but one of the things holding me back is that I don't know what to wear them with, pant-wise speaking. Boots like these aren't in my closet yet (just sneakers) and I have never worn trousers in shoes, but I'm afraid I'll have to do that in order for these to work? You guys have any other ideas?
44254383qn_12_f.jpg

yoox.com

If I were to buy these Nike Dunks, what would I wear them with and how and where?
I really do like them but no point buying if I can't wear them..

2hf2nfq.png

nikeshop

What can I wear this wonderful Dorothy Perkins' skirt with? Shoes, blouse, accessories? And which period of year?? (summer, autumn)

pic by me

Attachments

• P09-09-09_21.05.jpg
    P09-09-09_21.05.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 161

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back