What can I wear it with?

Sleek, you'll need something simple to counterbalance the dress, I think.

So I bought this hot $10 dress from H&M a while back. It's very tight fitting, stretchy and black with sparkly thread throughout. It look gorgeous when the light catches it. What kind of shoes, jewelry, jackets, accessories etc would look good with it?

http://fr.tinypic.com/r/2rg0u94/7

Shoes- heels/pumps. If it's your style, you could get away with a black, peeptoe bootie. Colors: any metallics or any bright color (or black) to set it off.
Jacket- Difficult with this. You could maybe get a way with a long, menswear-type (aka oversize) black blazer. I think a cropped jacket on this short of a dress would cheapen the look. Maybe a leather jacket if you were going the peeptoe bootie route.
Jewelry- focus on earrings and/or bangles-no necklaces (would compete w/ the neckline).
Bag- a clutch or jewel tone small case (which to me, is also a "clutch")

^ Agreed.
Other options include: a flat, funky sandal or an embellished flat (nice contrast) like these examples (pics by me & BarneysNYC:(

Attachments

• black j campbell flats.jpg
    black j campbell flats.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 0
  • givenchy-barneys-new-york-sandals-woven-zip-flat-brown.jpg
    givenchy-barneys-new-york-sandals-woven-zip-flat-brown.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 253
  • MIU MIU.jpg
    MIU MIU.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
811674_P1180695.JPG_effected.jpg

credit: lookbook.nu (user Slanelle L.)

I have the same blazer as this girl. Any other ideas on how to wear it? I want to avoid looking too costumey.

I just ordered these Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa shoes. I wanted them in black but they only had my size in this color. Help, what should I wear with?:unsure:

2hi3xuw.jpg

Zappos.com

credit: lookbook.nu (user Slanelle L.)

I have the same blazer as this girl. Any other ideas on how to wear it? I want to avoid looking too costumey.
  • Over a dress. Like this one bellow with tights and boots.
62L49XCHA_normal.jpg

(Topshop)
  • something polished like a blouse, a fitted skirt and ballerina flats.
  • with a tight knit sweater and (boyfriend/ slim) jeans and high heeled boots

I just ordered these Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa shoes. I wanted them in black but they only had my size in this color. Help, what should I wear with?:unsure:

**Please do not quote images**

Zappos.com

I think it'd work best with a neutral fitted outfit: greys, navy, dark blue denim to bring out the shoes quirky touch.

For example with:
  • grey jacket, slim jeans.
  • an oversized knit sweater, grey slim cropped trousers
  • a mini dress (like a babydoll) à la Alexa Chung

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like those ideas, especially with a Navy oversized sweater and slim cropped pants. Thanks Aby :flower:

what shoes should I wear with this dress??
0006423700_1.JPG

blueberries-online

Any idea how to make this top wearable in winter? I have a 100% cashmere top that I can wear underneath, but I am not sure if that is enough. Obv it is not possible to wear a cardigan over it...

DXL910_80663_12044_51_5843.jpg

h&m

I don't know if you could wear it thru the coldest months or cold degrees b/c the style doesn't lend itself to wearing anything like a blazer or jacket over-like you said. If it were me, I'd add a (thin) scarf and maybe a light weight cami or tank underneath just to have SOME type of layering. :flower:

Any idea how to make this top wearable in winter? I have a 100% cashmere top that I can wear underneath, but I am not sure if that is enough. Obv it is not possible to wear a cardigan over it...
h&m

I don't know where you intend to wear this top (which is beautiful, btw) but to add some warmth I'd go with a very low cut and therefore invisible body or neglige. If you're asking about the shirt itself I'd add a simple scarf or a chunky "statement" long necklace to balance the shoulder parts. A beautiful headpiece with no other jewelry would look great as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... I've bought this skirt, that I love. But I'm not quite sure what to wear with it. I think I would might wear it as in the pic (with black tights too), but I could use som more ideas. I think it would be nice with a classic white shirt and black pumps, but 1/ I don't own neither of 'em (yet) and 2/ I think it may be to businessy (I'm just at student). So ... what do you say? :smile:

o0paab.jpg

Aby, I only saw your post now. Thank you for the great ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->