What can I wear it with?

^ does it have an acid wash jeans like print on it? That's the assumption I'm basing it on here. I'm thinking spring/summer.

I think it would look adorable with many different kinds of light, summery shirts. The first thing I think of is a cute floral top in vivid but pastel tone (cool tone) colors. Something more fitted is best since the skirt is more blouse-y.

It looks like your shirt there has metallic detailing and that works. You could do gunmetal sandals, or pastel toned flats. And maybe a white or pastel toned bag. A small crossbody perhaps.

157691_wmu_fr.jpg

delias.com

I'm looking for something I can wear to see a ballet performance, I thought about this dress but I don't know if it's too dressy or not dressy enough. What can I wear it with?

Thanks. :flower:

What can I wear this wonderful Dorothy Perkins' skirt with? Shoes, blouse, accessories? And which period of year?? (summer, autumn)

pic by me

I think you could transition that skirt well into f/w with a nice blazer!
A chunky necklace or a bunch of mixed pearl necklaces would be super too.

:heart: that skirt!

What can I wear this with? I love it but I have no idea how to wear it! Bear in mind it's far too short to wear as a dress, at least for me!

124vpug.jpg

asos

white [or neutral] wide legged pants with a cute sandal or heel for more of a summer look.
If it suits your body type, belt the waist [- not for everyone...]

leggings (-ohhh leather-type ones would be cool! or equestrian-type with patches...) with booties, flat tall boots or motorcycle boots...

^
That was directed towards me right? :lol:
The leggings sound like a good idea, or even just skinny leather trousers? For shoes... Combat boots would they work?
I'm finally getting an idea, thanks :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha thank you! I'll give it a go then and I probably do need a belt, it's quite loose!

^I'd go with Jeans shorts and boots, maybe a scarf as well. I wouldn't necessarily belt it, maybe just tuck the front part into the shorts. You could also wear a (maybe black) longsleeve underneath when it gets colder, some skinny jeans and a chunky cardigan... I really love that shirt, I want one! :lol:

I'm tempted to buy these Margiela boots, but one of the things holding me back is that I don't know what to wear them with, pant-wise speaking. Boots like these aren't in my closet yet (just sneakers) and I have never worn trousers in shoes, but I'm afraid I'll have to do that in order for these to work? You guys have any other ideas?

yoox.com
my god they are AMAZING...
and i think it's true...
you have to wear pants tucked in...
i have similar motorcycle boots from Comme and that is how i always wear them...
basically with skinny jeans...

*but i'm a girl...

:P...

What can I wear this with? I love it but I have no idea how to wear it! Bear in mind it's far too short to wear as a dress, at least for me!

asos

I think that wud be AWESOME to wear with khaki short, a panama hat ... and prob something around your neck .. a skinny scarf or something to infuse color?

And flats wud be good :P

You saying they are amazing makes me want to have them even more, softgrey :P

I really want to invest in some sort of boots this winter, but maybe I should buy a more conventional type of footwear, classic ankle boots with an exposed zipper or something like that, something easier to wear with jeans

I think that wud be AWESOME to wear with khaki short, a panama hat ... and prob something around your neck .. a skinny scarf or something to infuse color?

And flats wud be good :P

Thanks for the suggestion ^_^

Those Margiela boots are amazing MetricSam! I agree with softgrey, wear them with skinny jeans tucked in. I wish I could afford them! :lol:

I'm wearing this gown soon, how would you guys style it?
I need some ideas for hair, make-up, shoes, and jewelry!
I'm really skinny with dark hair and a light tan.
The party is really dressy.

29m.jpg

Thats a gorgeous Dress, Could you please provide a source for your image ? :flower:.

I Would keep the hair and make-up simple, depending where your wearing it to, either a pony tail or something like how Anna Paquin wore her hair to the Emmy's would look fantastic.
same goes for the accessories, probably metallic in color ?

oh! I forgot about that its from style.com and the dress is by Matthew Williamson.
(how can I edit the post)

-imagine you're styling someone for The Oscars, that's how dressy the event is.
your suggestions make a lot of sense! thank you!

after 10 minutes you can't edit the post, but now you have credited it in a separate post its perfectly fine :flower:.

Definitely keep it simple, not too many bells and whistles, i think the dress definitely speaks volumes already, a light smokey eye, barely anything on the lips and the hair as i mentioned before and I'm sure you'll look great :smile:.

you need HUGE dangly earrings...
and i would go for a nude patent or satin strappy sandal...

have fun!

thanks!

-as for hair, updo with wispy hair falling from the sides for a Grecian look, or sleek middle part clean updo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->