What do designers look for when booking a model for shows?

CandiApple17

Reaction score
What exactly does a designer look for in a model when booking for his/her shows? Besides the obvious height requirement? And how do shorter models get booked?

Your opinions?:P

I would think it would be the "look" they're trying to get across to go along with the theme of their clothes, but that's just my opinion and I'm no expert!

That is exactly it stylexstar. They are looking for girls to fit the mood they have in the show. They need to look perfect in the clothes they will be wearing. They need to be able to walk right and they need to have 'it' of course.

as said already, the casting team will already have a look for the show so they will book girls who will work well with this

also, their portfolio's can be important as it is a signal of their current success so designers like to book models who are/will be big in the future. being chosen to work by top photographers is a good indication that the model can work well, multiple times is an extra boost

some designers like to use the newest models because they always want to be on the cutting edge.

it really depends on the designer

Different designers look for different things:

Jil Sander: the "emaciated Aryan" look
DSquared: f*ckability
Gucci: Attitude, sophistication and edge
Roberto Cavalli: glamorousness
Calvin Klein: solid, classic, pared-down looks
Helmut Lang: intellectuality, weirdness and androgyny

etc.

AshtonK said:
Different designers look for different things:

Jil Sander: the "emaciated Aryan" look
DSquared: f*ckability
Gucci: Attitude, sophistication and edge
Roberto Cavalli: glamorousness
Calvin Klein: solid, classic, pared-down looks
Helmut Lang: intellectuality, weirdness and androgyny

etc.

Wow. Models must be talented and look "different" if they book all those shows. :P

Designers are looking for girls with a good book, good walk, good face, good body...a model. There are no rules or guidelines any designer goes by. If they like it, they book it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->