What do you think about costume-y clothes?

coffee bubble

Reaction score
I saw a girl in NYC wearing a green plaid bustle dress that was really short in the front, over tight gray pants with combat boots and a black hoodie over a pink and gray striped shirt. It looked really good to me in an off-beat sort of way...what do you all think? What was the best constume-y outfit you've seen someone in? (Hollowen doesn't count :P)

Forgot to add

Let me add to this thread...what do you think of constume-y desighners like Vivienne Westwood, Galiano and McQueen?

I love them, if done in moderation.

Say just wearing one piece, mixed with some 'normal' stuff, a bustle skirt with a tight fitting plain top for example, I think that looks way better than going over the top with an entire outfit.

^ Agreed. It's like jewellery, it rarely looks good if you wear several statement pieces at the same time.

oh my goodness, i would love to see someone wearing a bustle skirt or dress on the street...!

i think costume-y stuff can be so fun. actual vintage that now looks "costume-y" was beautifully made; designers that do "costume-y" now really emphasize the art that fashion is, and i respect that greatly (even if i hate the stuff galliano usually does).

there is no such thing as fashion, nor is there such thing as personal sense of style in my area, so i'm afraid i can't talk about the best costume-y outfit i've seen someone in (i just haven't seen any...) :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excorp2004
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->