What Fashion "Rules" Do You Disagree With?

Mona1 said:
I guess the on about not mixing red and pinkle, but hy wouldn't I? Pink is a colour that is born out of red, so it can be that bad, ie it's a shade of red. I think red and pink can work anyways.
:flower: :P

i think brown and black are fine (generally).

black shoes and brown pants or vice versa can be tricky, but say brown shoes and a black bag or black shoes and a brown belt i dont think is horrible.

mr.minglesworth said:
i think brown and black are fine (generally).

black shoes and brown pants or vice versa can be tricky, but say brown shoes and a black bag or black shoes and a brown belt i dont think is horrible.

I don't think it looks horrible- but I don't think it looks good either...

i like brown and black together. for my job, i have to wear black pants and a black blazer and black shoes, and i love wearing a brown shirt under the blazer

I hate the idea of summer vs winter colors, but i do agree with summer vs winter fabrics. Velvet is a winter fabric, so is wool. maybe its cuz im from the desert.

i also hate the idea that flip flops are considered bad. as long as you arent wearing socks with them a la k fed (one of my biggest pet peeves fashion wise) they are very cute and perfect for casual dress.

There are no rules in my eyes. :smile:

A lot of the most fashionable people are the ones who push the boundaries. Then others catch on and think "Hey -- that looks kinda good!"

They are the trend-setters. :smile:

I hate rules. I wear evening dresses with flipflops in the day, I attend formal dinners in jeans, and I go to weddings without a hat.

you are supposed to wear hats to weddings? ive never heard of such a thing.

just wear the clothes that best suit your body...

what? for me it is more like "wear what you like". i mean i know i dont always wear what suits me best maybe (physically i mean) but i wear it as long as it makes me feel good to wear it. clothes reflect how you are so it isnt just a matter of following the latest trends... i mean, i hate that feeling when you are dressed with something everybody compliments you about but deep inside you really feel like you are dressed in disguise... that sucks, me thinks.

plus fashion should be fun in the first place so i dont think good, fine taste is always necessarily prioritary...

masquerade said:
i also hate the idea that flip flops are considered bad. as long as you arent wearing socks with them a la k fed (one of my biggest pet peeves fashion wise) they are very cute and perfect for casual dress.

I love flipflops with everything in summer, including pants. They just turn the whole outfit around.

ReiMatsuko said:
I love flipflops with everything in summer, including pants. They just turn the whole outfit around.

I like leather flipflops- but i think the plastic ones just look so cheap/ junky

skip-her said:
White in the winter.Now that's just silly, who cares anymore.

What's the rule, white is good in the winter or not? :blink:

Whatever, i have a very warm and comfy white winter coat that covers me everywhere making me look like a snowman.. umm snowgirl. ^_^

i know i'm repeating,but these rules really just irk me!

no white after labor day!

everything must match! (my new favorite thing to do is mix & match my bathing suit tops&bottoms)

wearing foundation (this is used to cover up flaws &wrinkles- it's just excessive for most young women!)

not wearing all of one color. (as you all know this can make you look taller, which is quite a help to myself!)

Okay, don't hit me, but...I find white socks for men quite sexy. But im talking cotton here, no sport socks with nike or puma or any other sports brand on it, just simple thin white cotton socks :smile: But not with shorts, long trousers please. And definitely not in sandals.

White socks should only be worn with all white, or with uniform if you are traditional... I happen to agree, from a purely aestethic personal point of view. :ninja:

But I don't have a problem with white in general, any part of the year!

White socks are also a no-no from an aesthetic point of view for me too! Unless you're Michael Jackson.

And what's with not wearing brown and black? Pfft.

-the whole "white socks" thing

honestly, if i can see your socks at all- your pants are probably too short!

Too short pants would defenitly be one of my pet peeves

do you think stripes and polka-dots together should stay away from each other? maybe it's too much sometimes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->