What Does Your Food Pyramid Look Like?

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
They're planning on making some changes to the USDA food guide pyramid so that Americans can be healthier. Yyeah. So, I'm just curious, what does everyone's personal food pyramid look like? Tell the truth!! We won't roll our eyes if you put sweet on the bottom.... :P

The USDA pyramid:

pyramid.gif

Mine (Of course, you don't have to photoshop yours... just describe it :lol: :ninja: )

I like your pyramid. Very creative! :lol:

Mine would be (bottom to top:(

Veggies
Bread
Chicken/Eggs/Dairy
Sugar
Red Meat

what a vile combo all of those would be :sick:

Mostly carbs, then dairy. Some fruits and vegetables next, and a tiny bit of legumes, tofu, etc. because I feel guilty. Not a particularly healthy diet... :blink:

Very creative and something I hate to think about in my case. I eat way to many items from the bread group, love fruit,hate veggies except for corn carrots and potatoes and sweets are my downfall. I love chicken but not red meats. Not a healthy lifestyle. :unsure:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 29 2004, 06:52 PM
A toblerone.
[snapback]348981[/snapback]​

:lol: j'adore strawberry daiquiri :heart:

mine, lately
basis: vegetable & fruits
second: bread/pasta/fish/ eggs
third: meat

i dont really eat sweets (occasionally chocolate only) , fried food, junk food or butter, only use cold pressed premium quality olive oil sparigly in salads

hm, this is mine. put in some chicken in the middle. i just couldn't find a decent pic of one :wink:

For me: 6-10 fruit/veg per day. 4-6 grain. 4-6 coffee (yes, I consider coffee an essential part of my daily diet!) 1-3 protein (vegetarian over here) 1-3 dairy, 1-2 other (chocolate, toffee, etcetera)

I eat a LOT of fruit. Easily 4-5 plums or 2-3 pears or apples per day, plus whatever else is in season. Lots of melons this time of year, berries and cherries earlier in the summer. I've been groovin' on plums recently, but when pears really come into season, I will be munching on those. In the winter, I eat a lot of citrus. I get myself burnt out on a fruit about the time it goes out of season. Grapefruits are starting to sound good to me again, but I will wait until they are really in season. I like the occasional pommelo during that time of year, too. Good, fresh, local apples make me happy, too.

One of my supper soups or stir-fries is at least two servings of vegetables, plus noodles or rice. We have a lot of beans for protein and because they are easy to cook so when I don't feel like making dinner, I can set some beans to boiling and by the time I feel like coping with them, they are cooked down and ready to use.

I eat very healthily and nearly never get sick. My only vice is coffee, plus the occasional glass of beer. Life without good beer just wouldn't be the same.

I ate SIX FREAKING COOKIES TODAY. Ugh. I have enough saturated fat in my system to last me a few days. Ugh... I'm not doing this sh*t again. I HATE it when I eat unhealthy. When I eat unhealthy, I feel like crap afterwards. It's so difficult to eat healthy in a toxic environment where at work or school there's a huge tray of cookies and no fruit. What the hell is wrong with people? Just offer fruit instead of cookies. It's so SIMPLE.

i feel you Embrace, fruits should be available everywhere -instead of crappy fat chemical snacks- having yummy grapes as i type, love substituting sweet carving with fresh fruits,

hm... good question. i banned myself from junk food, so my pyramid would become... (top to bottom)

milk, yogurt, dairy
bread, rice, pasta... etc.
meat
vegtables

mine would go

veg & fruit
*******dairy
*********bread
************meat
**************sugar

im addicted to coke i tell ya, if my mom bought it id be drinkin 5 a day!

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Aug 29 2004, 10:18 AM
Mostly carbs, then dairy. Some fruits and vegetables next, and a tiny bit of legumes, tofu, etc. because I feel guilty. Not a particularly healthy diet... :blink:
[snapback]348867[/snapback]​

My diet exactly!

But throw in lots of water, coffee, tea and cigarrettes.

Well, when I am not eatng a lot, it is fruits, veggies, then protein.
When I'm eating like crap (half the time) it's breads, sugars and fats, and dairy.

I am a very fussy eater, so the only things I really eat are:

Lettuce, chicken, fish, spinach, yogurt, garlic, apples, bananas, tea, soy milk, water, and too much chocolate! :(

My food pyramid. :P

Originally posted by ultramarine@Sep 3 2004, 12:22 AM
My diet exactly!

But throw in lots of water, coffee, tea and cigarrettes.
[snapback]354875[/snapback]​
Ditto for me, minus the coffee and cigarettes. :rolleyes:

Pinnacle

High long-chain fat foods and protein
Carbs and fibre
Chocolate and high sugar foods...
Apples!

Base

Let me tell you, it certainly doesn't resemble those "healthy" pyramids the USDA pushes on us. :innocent: And let's just say these pancakes from IHOP are towards the bottom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->