What Is It About Vivienne Westwood?

I am totally enamoured of Vivienne Westwood. Her clothes are so beautiful and truly original; everybody borrows from her. I would wade through through a lake of Dolce and Gabbana to get one dress by Vivienne.

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Jan 25th, 2004 - 4:48 pm
I am totally enamoured of Vivienne Westwood. Her clothes are so beautiful and truly original; everybody borrows from her. I would wade through through a lake of Dolce and Gabbana to get one dress by Vivienne.
Dear Slinky vagabond :heart:

I do not profess to be an expert on women's dresses , as I do not wear them ; not even in the privacy of my own 'ome . :blush:

But i DO see where you are coming from , and I must bow to Vivienne's extraordinary talent ( at least for womenswear ) . B)

Yours KIT :wink:

Originally posted by kit@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:44 am
HI STRAWB :heart: :flower:

Do you think that I should start a thread , ' WOAD - techniques of application ' , in the section , ' Paint that face '. B)

Could be a new cosmetic line for Vivienne ! :lol:

Me being an expert an all ? :blink:

I must get back to my cave , now ! :rolleyes:

Regards KIT :innocent:
KIT dearest :heart:, didn't notice any WOAD theme delighting face paint and the likes. Get to it and for future reference, follow your instincts before they pass, I really won't mind :wink:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Jan 29th, 2004 - 3:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Jan 29th, 2004 - 3:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kit@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:44 am
HI STRAWB  :heart:  :flower:

Do you think that I should start a thread , ' WOAD  - techniques of application ' , in the section , ' Paint that face '.  B) 

Could be a new cosmetic line for Vivienne !  :lol:

Me being an expert an all ?    :blink:     

I must get back to my cave , now !  :rolleyes:   

Regards  KIT  :innocent:
KIT dearest :heart:, didn't notice any WOAD theme delighting face paint and the likes. Get to it and for future reference, follow your instincts before they pass, I really won't mind :wink:[/b][/quote]
I'll leave that to the JOHN GALLIANO HOMME stylists !! :yuk:

Even Vivienne's models do NOT reach such levels of the surreal ! :lol:

Your elusive obliqueness STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI :heart: TEARS at me , in the NICEST possible way , OF COURSE !!! :wink:

KIT :rolleyes:

good article and funny thread...:P...

Viv has recently begun to say that she found punk 'pointless'...
that she never really liked it...
this isn't the only place i've read this...which is rather ironic...no??...
since she is basically the 'godmother of punk'...remarkable really...
:unsure:

i remember her saying that she didnt think much of the punk "culture" as she called it because it was the alternative culture.
oh well whatever gets your foot in the door i suppose :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vivienne Westwood

anyone else who likes westwood. i love her punk anarchy style. and her jewelry pieces are stunning. i wish she had shops here in the states.

her shoes were also the infamous ones that naomi campbell tripped on

cs_photo12.jpg
viviennewestwood_narrowweb__200x278.jpg

here's some stuff she designed:

vivienne_westwood6.jpg
west_ss05_197.jpg

Westwood_pic.jpg
00010_g.jpg

V_Westwood53.jpg
V_Westwood49.jpg
V_Westwood50.jpg

V_Westwood51.jpg
V_Westwood52.jpg

img10471516709.jpeg
img10471516582.jpeg

vivwestshoex25.jpg

vwsftobg.jpg

^Think there are already many many Westwood threads if you search for it!

merged with an existing thread...
there are individual threads on each seasons' collections as well as thread in the shoe section and accessories and handbag sections...

have a look and enjoy...:flower:

i think most of you already know how i feel about vivienne westwood.

words cannot describe... really....

:wub:

thanks for merging the thread, who ever did..

but i absolutly adore westwood, even though her designs are out there sometimes, i think her stuff is rather creative and unique.

I LOVE VIV... My favorite designer ever! Although I dress a bit more on the conservative side, she inspires me to be more creative =) Her clothes are so sexy, and I have been a big fan and collector of her jewellery collection. I love how she doesn't follow trends, yet her pieces are timeless and can be worn through all the ages....<3

Am I going to be crucified if I'll say I've never completely gotten the hype about her? I just don't see anything very interesting in most of her designs...There are single outfits/shoes/accesories I like, but her collections always let me down. She's an icon on of punk for sure, but I don't find her that interesting.

^Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions on this forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->