What Is Your Main Deciding Factor When You Purchase Jeans

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by TheSoCalledPrep, Jun 23, 2004.

1. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I think mine would definitely be the way the jeans are washed, I really can't stand Blueish blue jeans. The coloring has to be just right. After that, they must be flattering to me. Who wants a nasty looking butt because of jeans? Wasted gym hours ;) (Well, not really wasted. Working out has wonderful health benefits. But you get my point.)

[Edit: Sorry, the title got messed up because it was too long :wacko: ]

2. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

Fine is that flattering factor. It has to look good on me first, if not forget it. Don't care if its designer or whatever, if it doesn't look good whats the point? Next is the wash of the jeans. I love interesting washes and thats what gets my attention and makes me want to try the jean in the first place.

3. Misako

Misako within an embrace

First for me is how flattering it is - I don't usually find jeans to be that uncomfortable, as I don't get the style that absolutely STICKS to your legs, but rather as long as they fit my thighs and hips and look good, I'm fine with them. Secondly is probably the wash, as well, because I wouldn't necessarily wear a pair of stone-washed jeans or jeans with two giant white circles under the butt-cheeks like I saw one girl have hers...

4. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

I won't try them on unless I like the color and the wash, but I won't buy them unless they fit well.

5. chocsta

chocsta New Member

Same for me :flower:

6. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

A ton of different factors, that's why they can such a pain to shop for. Firstly, I refuse to wear anything that is either overly dark or fakely distressed. No trashy beading, cutting, zig-zagged seams or extras to the jean itself. It must fit well, be simply cut and comfortable, of course. I want a jean that is well-fitted to my body, but not horribly skin tight. After all, I have to be able to move in the things as well. Oh, and since I pretty much wear jeans on an everyday basis, they need to feel like they're mine the minute I put them on. The one thing that I will concede slightly on is the price. Although I'm not going to buy a pair of $1000 jeans, my last pair that I bought myself were around $85. Which is a lot for me, for a number of reasons...
    Thus ends my spiel. :rolleyes:

7. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

I agree with Purple. I like distressed but not that sort of fake, painted on distressed that does not look natural at all-seven's sort of distressed basically. But I am ashamed to admit I would spend way more on jeans than anything else-it is the one area of my wardrobe where nothing is high street, but I figure since I wear them so much they're worth it. Jeans, handbags, shoes and skinny lattes are where all my cash goes.

8. banana

banana New Member

Fit and flattery. It has to look good but I shouldn't have to suck it in to do them up. I actually like the really dark, virgin wash jeans. That way I can break them in over time. I hate those washes that make the jeans look permanently dirty.

9. Luna

Luna offline.

If they can be altered to make them shorter and still look good. :p

10. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Designer - I've only bought Marithe & Francois Girbaud jeans since Kit reccomended them...I have a few old Dolce & Gabbana and Moschino pairs as well...I chose them for their kind of sixties-polyester-dance-trousers-a-la-John-Travolta cut...

11. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

Same for me :flower: [/b][/quote]
    Same here.
    never will buy jeans from zara (a.k.a Do it yourself castration kit, ouch :eek:)

12. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Same here.
    never will buy jeans from zara (a.k.a Do it yourself castration kit, ouch :eek:) [/b][/quote]
    Try Levi's 501 Girl's California Slims... :doh: - 28" waist...about a 4" fork :shock: :doh:

13. Harvz88

Harvz88 New Member

Same for me :flower: [/b][/quote]
    me too!

14. Dixie

Dixie New Member

Everything is a factor in selecting jeans, but #1 for me is comfort.

15. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

*jealous* :angry: :blush: :flower:

16. dramatique

dramatique New Member

It's pretty much a draw for me between fit and comfort factor and how flattering it is because honestly no matter how flattering it is, if I can't sit down without giving the world a veiw of my butt crack, I'm probably not going to pluk down the money for it.

17. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I voted "other" because I take all of that into regard.

Firstly, I limit by price. Gotta be under $50.

Then fit/comfort.

Then how flattering they look.

I don't buy jeans with weird washes or colors. I like plain indigo denim best, and then break them in myself.

Actually, I am so damn picky about jeans that I have given up and am just making them for myself now. I have a pair of dark-denim skinny jeans in the works right now.

I can't seem to find skinny jeans that fit in the stores because I have very muscular legs and if I can get the jeans over my legs, they are too baggy in the waist and butt.

18. steeltoe

steeltoe Member

#1 is price. I'd rather have lots of jeans, wherein some turn out to be ugly along the line than one super expensive pair that I would most likely get bored at after several years. I'm willing to spend no more than $50. So it's highly unlikely you'd see designer jeans in my closet :ermm: :ermm:

#2 is the fit. I've always found bootcut jeans are the most flattering cut for me.

#3 is the colour. I don't like blue-y blue jeans, nor do I like dark jeans that looks, well, blah. It has to look interesting, so even when I'm just wearing a white t-shirt, I'm still making a statement.