What is your opinions on BeneFit products?

Kimbyanne

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing some BeneFit stuff, well alot actually.

Before I take the plunge and spend pretty much all my wages. I would really like to know your opinions on these products, and if you have tried them, what they are like etc, etc.

These are on my WANT list at the moment;

Benefit Dear John Face Cream
Benefit Moon Beam
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Kitten Shimmer Powder Puff
Benefit Bad Gal Lashes (I have the Benefit Bad Gal Eye Pencil, and I LOVE that)
Benefit Hollywood Glo
Benefit Dr Feelgood Lipscription
Benefit Glamazon
Benefit Maybe Baby Shimmer Lotion
Benefit Buh Bye
Benefit Eyecon
Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
Benefit Ohh La Lift

(Long, I know)

Obviously I am not going to get ALL of these products as my parents and my bank balance wont allow it!! :cry:

Have any of you used any of these? If so, are they any good?

Thanks

Kim :D

Benefit Dear John Face Cream
Benefit Moon Beam
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Kitten Shimmer Powder Puff
Benefit Bad Gal Lashes (I have the Benefit Bad Gal Eye Pencil, and I LOVE that)
Benefit Hollywood Glo
Benefit Dr Feelgood Lipscription
Benefit Glamazon
Benefit Maybe Baby Shimmer Lotion
Benefit Buh Bye
Benefit Eyecon
Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
Benefit Ohh La Lift

i got my makeup done at benefit yesterday for prom..and the products she used were awesome! the high beam is very pretty. i purchased the kitten shimmer powder puff--it gives you a slight,sparkly bronze shimmer! very pretty also. i have bad gal lash mascara--its great too. and i :heart: :heart: hollywood glo--it gives you a sheer radiant effect:blush:

i didnt buy it but she used the hoola bronzing powder--it was nice, i might look into gettin it for my next bronzer

Ooooh. Got another question.

I have quite pale skin, I am trying to look more "alive" as right now I look like a ghost.
I have heard Benefit Hoola Bronzing powder is good, but its quite dark, so doesnt suit pale skin> is this true? Also, if this is true, would you think I should get Dandillion or Georgia?

I love these products of benefit:
* ooh la lift
* Benetint
*high beam
*dr feelgood
*Georgia

Ok, I just brought Moon Beam. It says it has gold and pink flecks in to make skin look more radiant. Just what I need. Hopefully that will work. Im not looking at getting some more stuff, well most of the stuff above.

Is it me, or are the forums a bit slow lately?

Kim

I only have experience w/ Benetint, but I LOVE it!!

Not sure what you mean by slow, Kimbyanne. Do you mean page response is slow when your navigating the forum or slow responses by members?

Slow responses. Usually there is more people on here.

Where is everyone?!

I can't say that I've noticed that, but it seems that a lot of people are studying for exams. It's about that time, I suppose. My response was fast though :P No exams for me!!

as for either dandelion or georia..i have dandelion and its so fresh and light--havnt tried georgia yet tho

i personally don't like benefit makeup. i don't like the foundations, like the texture. i'm kind of tan, and rebel is too dark for me and gives me a wierd color. and the shadows are more expensive than mac's.

personally i dont rate it much, i think you pay for the packaging mostly and what you actually get isnt that great quality, compared to other stuff out there anyway. i found the mascaras to be clumpy and they flaked under my eyes after a few hours wear .

however my flatmate swears by their industrial concealer, i guess it just depends on your preferances.

To be honest i have bought moon beam and its just not all that great. Its very faint and just... not that great. I do love the eyeshadows-glitters in the little rectangular plasitc containers i'm not sure ive described them right but you might know what i'm talking about... they are sparkly and pretty i like them.. just dont spill them in your make up bag or EVERYTHING will be SPARKLY is pretty until you realize you have to clean it up...

Yes, I think Benefit is pricey. Some of the stuff is good, some is just the same as everything else but with a nice packaging.

I now own;

Dandelion
Moon Beam (But I am gna flog that on ebay because its not the right colour for me. lol)
High Beam
Lipscription
Eye and Cheek jewels.

I am starting to feel wrong about spending all this money on it. I mean I can get a nice foundation for about £8, Benefit want about £28. I think I am coming to the end of my Benefit spending spree. I am starting to think, I might as well buy cheaper stuff as its exactly the same quality! :cry:

Benetint gives me a natural rosy flush which lasts and lasts..definintely one of the best products in the range.

As for Moon Beam, I like how it gives me a dewy look without making me look greasy.

Haven't tried any other benefit make-up products besides the above two.

I hope you dont mind me asking but what colour skin do you have Chiangsi1980?

I was told I should not use Benetint as I have quite pale, peachy skin and that Benetint would make me look too red.

As for the moon beam, apparently it is more suited for darker skin colours so I am going to sell that.

I am not trying to talk my boyfriend into buying me Hoola and Ooh La La, but he thinks I am mad because of how much they cost! Not fair! I want!

Ohh, sorry it should be I am NOW trying to talk my boyfriend into ..................

Benefit Kitten Shimmer Powder Puff is really a waste of money. It's just a shimmery powder. Nothing special at all. If you're determined to buy an expensive shimmery powder, I'd suggest the flavoured ones by Urban Decay... they're subtle and way sexy.

I think a lot of Benefit stuff if pretty overpriced for what it is. The Maybe Baby lotion is nice... the shimmer is kind of grainy but it smells just like the perfume. I own both.

All the skin products are worthless. They're drugstore products with fancy labels. Compare ingredient labels. I haven't heard one good review from any of my friends about any of their skin care line.

Dr Feelgood is weird. It's almost like spackle. It makes your skin feel soft when you touch it, but your face itself doesn't feel good. Does that make sense? It's like a sexy pair of shoes that hurt your feet but look really hot.

The lipscription is kind of silly. The lip gloss that comes with it is very, very nice but I personally wouldn't spend $28 for just a lipgloss. The buffing beads are a joke. They feel like sugar in a thick lipbalm. In fact, I bet sugar in a lip balm would work just about the same.

Moonbeam and high beam are nice highlighters. I like them a lot.

I've never had glamazon but my girl friend has it and I've never told her, but it's kinda a weird color. Maybe I'm just used to seeing her without it... but it makes her look almost dirty. Not like sl*tty dirty, but like she's got dirt on her face.

I have High Beam which I like a lot for highlighting my brow bones, cheekbones, and inner corners of my eyes.

Since this thread is 2 years old, may I ask what people now think about the products?

I'm always so intrigued by the pretty wrapping.. :angel:

The pretty wraping is really apealing isn´t it?

I only have Benetint and it´s great. Love it on the lips, it´s sooooo natural. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRRMRA75T06D157E
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->