What to Buy and What to Bin

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
WHAT TO BUY AND WHAT TO BIN
TAKE stock of your fashion know-how before the year is out. We've listed all the things you need to buy and, more importantly, what you need to bin in the next 12 months. Forgive the cliché, but here's what's hot and what's not for 2005:
WHAT'S OUT <> WHAT'S IN
Sex And The City <> The OC
Tweed <> Arts & Crafts designs
Twenties <> Seventies
Romantic <> Bohemian
Satin <> Crochet
Shoppers <> Satchels
Flip-flops <> Wedges
Vintage jewellery <> Tribal beads
Butterflies <> Birds
Cutaway swimsuits <> Bikinis
Margaret Thatcher chic <> Floaty femininity
Ponchos <> Shrugs
Mulberry Roxanne bag <> Chloe Paddington bag
Burberry house check <> Burberry Prorsum
Flash cash <> Chip & PIN
Brazil <> Las Vegas
Board Style <> Vintage Hawaiian
Western <> Hornblower naval style
Real rock <> Opera
Cowboy <> Riviera
Rugby <> Golf
Yoga <> Ballroom dancing
Harry Potter <> Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(December 31 2004, AM)
from vogue.uk.com
:innocent:

is it just me...or does it feel like we here at tfs are WAY ahead of the game...?!?!

I think The OC is bad Tv, but I may have an addiction..

Typical..once a tv series bring out a boxset it's OUT..but I'm going to stay faithful to my many hours of entertainment..and stick by Sex And The City !
Yes to Wedges and No to Flip-flops
I'll still say..
Yes to Vintage jewellery !
Thank God Butterflies are OUT..welcome Birds!
Floaty femininity is cool by me..
and so is a Yes to Burberry Prorsum vs a No to Burberry house check
But Las Vegas over Brazil ?? No no no
I'll take Yoga AND Ballroom dancing anytime !

haha oh Vogue UK sometimes I adore them and sometimes I really think their editor is on something. I agree with about half of this list. It just bothers me when people say 'this is hot, and thats not' and i'm like and who are you to decide! But at the same time, some things really are over.

oh and softie I totally agree. We've been discussing a lot of these things for months and months now. Arts and Crafts? hello! And tribal jewelry? already talked about that too. Gosh, Vogue needs to quit trolling here :lol:

softgrey said:
is it just me...or does it feel like we here at tfs are WAY ahead of the game...?!?!
I second that...
I thought alot of things listed as "whats in" was already "out" here at tFS... :innocent::lol:

Well, I still prefer the twenties to the seventies...both vintage jewellery AND tribal beads...the rest are fine :P . And hello, I am so ahead of time, I've had my birds for almost a year already! :rolleyes: :lol:

Having enough money to follow Vogue's silly whims < > Wearing what you like.

reminds me of the stupid hot/not lists that I made as a PRE-TEEN.:rolleyes:

arts and crafts design? as in the 19th century movement? that's a bit obscure for vogue to latch onto as 'trendy'... :unsure:

softgrey said:
I say we start our own magazine. I work for a magazine and they also do a publishing service. Who's in?

You could ask Andy R if he were willing to give space for an e-zine, mouko.

The 70's never really left after its big come back in the 90's and I don't think it will in the near future.

I've never been fond of those "What's Hot What's Not" lists all these magazines have... are we suppose to feel socially unacceptable if we happen to personally favor something in the "cold" list?

Haha. Heaven forbid!

I loved the styles of the 20's as well as the 70's and well throw in the 30's, 40's, 50's, and some mod 60's too. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->