What to Expect when Meeting with Modeling Agencies

I've heard some yucky things about Boss models in the past, but one of my friends who is also a model, is with them now and is very happy. I believe they've gotten rid of a booker who did some sheitzy stuff.

tristan said:
I've heard some yucky things about Boss models in the past, but one of my friends who is also a model, is with them now and is very happy. I believe they've gotten rid of a booker who did some sheitzy stuff.

I should have mentioned.......I also had heard some not pleasing comments about the agency, and thats why I didn't mention them. I hope their worked out now!!!!!

evexa said:
Do you have pics? I want to see :smile:

Sorry no pics right now....my camera was broke.
But the floor in the agency are fire-enginee red, with white glass doors....I have to say its a very interesting look. I'll try to get some pictures next time ^_^

Bellissima said:
Sorry no pics right now....my camera was broke.
But the floor in the agency are fire-enginee red, with white glass doors....I have to say its a very interesting look. I'll try to get some pictures next time ^_^

Haha, I meant pictures of YOU! I have seen the floor myself :D

Bellissima said:
Women/Supreme is so kick-***.
I love the whole mood of the space(espcially the red). :woot:
The receptionist is nice, the peoples are sweet and the dogs are to die for .......I think I'm getting an attachment to them :heart:

Yeah. The peope there are lovely and the dogs made me feel less nervous. It was funny. I think they only came to me because I had a snickers in my bag! haha

hehe I know what you mean.
The black dog spotted me right when I came in......I'm not sure if it was the smell of chocolate on me (milka) from before :P

i sent in some pictures to a few places 2 days ago (dna, pulse mgmt, id & nymodels) ... should i be worried that they haven't replied yet? or does it take a while to go over their submissions? i hope it's because of the number of submissions, but im afraid they aren't replying because they arent interested. any insight?

thanks
LANE

Hi everyone

I've met with agencies before, and it varies from agency to agency.

Q Models was very cut and dry. I handed my picture to the person in charge, and in about 5 minutes had it handed back to me with a firm but polite "thanks but no thanks."

At New York Models they were the most interested in talking to the models themselves,asking them questions, giving advice, etc. I'd recommend visiting them.

At Major Models, upon walking in I quickly realized that I was in the wrong kind of agency... they specialize in muscular models and I weigh about 155 lbs, hehe.

If you send photos in, wait about 2 weeks. If they are interested they will notify you. If not, don't expect to hear anything.

Ciao
Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
IS there any Agency here in Montreal, especially for men? Not that I want to try myself cuz my skin is quite bad right now and i'm getting old (19:cry: ) but I was just wondering and never heard of any...
Thanx!:P

I have my very first test shoot this week!!! I'm a little nervous... any advice from some models would be much appreciated! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->