What to Wear for Halloween

Here in Portugal we don't have an Halloween tradition so we only have some goth-pubs, raves and other little parties to go.

Today (yes, today) I'm going to a party and tomorrow maybe to a gig... wearing a fetish geisha inspired outfit.

Today:
-Lip Service geisha micro-dress;
-Wet look shiny leggings (the dress is really short *sigh*);
-Aldo high-heeled "bondage" boots.

Tomorrow I will go with a black kimono with an underbust corset from the Lip Service's "Hollywood Geisha" line.

I'm trying to capture a little from the famous Pirelli's calendar... :P

Okay, I really need help coming up with a last minute costume idea. It needs to be simple so I have all the items for the look, not scary/creepy looking, and preferably cute looking. The only ideas that I currently have is going as Anna Wintour, or a girl from the 50's. However I would like to be a little bit more creative with the look. :smile:

Okay, I really need help coming up with a last minute costume idea. It needs to be simple so I have all the items for the look, not scary/creepy looking, and preferably cute looking. The only ideas that I currently have is going as Anna Wintour, or a girl from the 50's. However I would like to be a little bit more creative with the look. :smile:

One of my friends went as the abisnthe fairy in the original tolouse lautrec painting, very art nouvea and risque - I can't actually find any decent photos of her costume yet....but it's based upon this picture- source http://www.spectroscopynow.com/coi/cda/detail.cda?chId=4&id=18576&type=Feature&page=1 - although she went a lot more ethereal than this...she was alos inspired by a champagne advert for belle epoque - (source http://www.degustalo.com/archivos/belle-epoque-la-joya-de-perrier-jouet)

She wore a beautiful long green dress and we hardly even styled her hair. We did her make up very pale and ethereal with emphasis on her eyes, then we dusted green glitter along her collar bones, and created wings made from old coat hangers and some beautiful transparent material found at the local fabric shop. She also carried an empty absinthe bottle but lost it at the first bar we went to.

Oh and we put on green false eye lashes and green nail polish, just to vamp it up a little, although otherwise she looked floaty and ethereal and stunning.

She's a natural red head, however I think the look would work with any hair colour or type and it's very unique.

Good luck.xxx

Attachments

• MS_May08_absinthe.jpg
    MS_May08_absinthe.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 297
  • perrier_jouet.jpg
    perrier_jouet.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
I want to see pics from everyone!
149430_451122449820_747039820_5608136_6029367_n.jpg

saturday hanging out with friends
73162_451688924820_747039820_5623403_2644019_n.jpg

sunday revamped it a little to go out to bars and such sorry I didnt get a better picture I liked my outfit a lot better on this night.

I am starting to think about costumes this year! So it won't be last minute like last year! Any ideas or pictures? :smile:

I want to do a better job this year than last Halloween - I went as a Titanic victim but I was a shade too blue.. IMO.
Idea I just came up with: The witch-finder general :o

I've decided my first Halloween costume.
I'm going to go as a victim of Sweeney Todd. (I don't believe in pretty Halloween.)

I'm going to grow my facial hair and then shave one side of my face and cover the unshaven side in white facepaint to resemble shaving cream. Then I'm going tuck a napkin down a white shirt and wear a waistcoat with a pocketwatch and expertly draw on a slashed neck.
..God I love gore.

^Sounds great.

Halloween is not big here at all, but my friend is having a housewarming party with a halloween theme. I really like to dress up. But I don't really want to use a lot of money/time on it. So I'm thinking something simple that but still done through. So I'm thinking either a scarecrow (just need to buy a hat and straw and perhaps a crow) or Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction (just need a black wig) as I have the rest.

Could be fun to be Tippi hedren in the birds too ^_^

I wanted to go as Mila Jovovich in Fifth Element, but I don't feel confident enough even in the most sensible of her outfits, so i'm thinking going like the girl out of Run Lola Run

Wordpress.com

Low budget costume, I have the hair colour, so I just need a grey vest...

Aw! This is kind of an awesome idea for a costume as well. All you need is a wig and some rather simple clothes. I'm not sure many people would get it but oh well. I might make this my back up plan.

Currently I'm planning on being Frida Khalo for halloween. Lots of prints, color, a unibrow and some flowers in my hair. Done and done.
frida.jpg

IM going as Mad hatter, and Mario Bros lol, I hae two parties :smile: Ill try to post pics

I got the idea to be a Roy Lichenstein print from a makeup artists tumblr and I don't know how I didn't think of that idea on my own. Especially since I was specifically considering an art related costume last year. If I can't gather the makeup I need to for that for this year, that's going to be my costume next year.

They have a big Halloween store near where I live, I kind of find it disappointing that most of the costumes for adult females are "sexy" type costumes. They even have costumes from Jersey Shore for people that want to dress up like Snooki. I always am a witch for Halloween, with my black witch costume and big rubber nose.

if i was going anywhere, i would go as a pirate~!

:argg:...

I'm going as Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange. It's comfortable, it's the antithesis of sl*tty, and I already own 95% of the outfit!

I'm going as Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange. It's comfortable, it's the antithesis of sl*tty, and I already own 95% of the outfit!

I did that a few years ago! Don't forget your eyeball cufflink!

Attachments

• halloween.jpeg
    halloween.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 224

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"