What to wear for the holidays

urd said:
I agree agree with Meg. vintage clutch bags are gorgeous!

I think you should try to find out if you are supposed to wear a long dress, because if you are wearing a lond one and everyone else is in short cocktaildresses (or the other way round), it is going to make you feel uncomfortable

I know I need to find out, but I work with all men. They can't remember what their girlsfriends / wife etc wore. Useful.

I dont really want to wear a long dress, I would rater wear a knee lengh as I would be more comfortable.

Where would I go about to find a vintage clutch? Charity shops?

Try Oxfam... they sometimes have some nice gems.... and e-bay is an excellent source:flower:

melt977 said:
Try Oxfam... they sometimes have some nice gems.... and e-bay is an excellent source:flower:

Off I go to Ebay!!

I might go for something a little different like Meg's first picture. I think that dress or a dress like that will look excellent with my vintage brown lace up boots.

I will look smart yet not like I have turned in to a princess!

Thanks!

^ Sounds like an excellent idea!

Good luck to you and please post some pictures of the outfit (either here or in the "What are you Wearing Today" thread...:flower:

That is a gorgeous Tomas Maier dress. Good luck Kimbyanne!

Holiday Party Outfits

So what are you girls (and guys) thinking of wearing to those upcoming holiday parties? Since some of them are in early Dec, they're really not that far away!

One of the few times I have wished I was a woman. AT Bloomingdales they have all these cocktail length dresses that are very Balenciaga with I cant explain the fabric, it's like crunched up silk but stiff, I have no clue. Theyre is a whole line of dresses in this fabric, exquisite.

This is the Halloween outfit for a "dress-like-a-rockstar"-party... It's OK for christmas parties as well..

Attachments

• rockstars.jpg
    rockstars.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 0
Dunno. Nothing fancy. In DK we usually get incredibly drunk at those parties. Very viking-ish :D

^ Oh, we vikings. I guess I'm lousy at being a viking; if I get drunk I fall asleep. Right then and there. Major party-pooper! :lol:
So I try to limit my drinking to when I just get that silly-feeling (this is usually that time of the evening I start doing my funny dance. Fun for me, hilarious for those who's watching)

Ok, that was way OT. I haven't decided what to wear this holiday; I plan to look gorgeous and sperfabulous every day and dress up all the time after being a low-key student in jeans and Converse for the last months. :P

X-mas Party outfit Help!!!!

Ok, I need some assistance, every year my company has a x-mas party, and every one is super stylish. this year I decided to wear the BCBG ink-color georgette blouse & I found a great pair of velvet Delman pumps on bluefly.com But I am having some trouble with finding the bottom portion of my outfit. I would prefer to wear pants, but a hip skirt would do just fine. Can anyone help? I prefer to look hip not boring.
xoxo

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely blouse Kora :wub:

My first instinct is a black pencil skirt or skinny black trouser in a fabric with a bit of sheen to it and blk hosiery. You could even have a subtle pattern in the bottom for added interest. For example, I have a blk cotton pencil skirt w/ satin paneling in that would look gorgeous with it :flower:

Thanx Curious, I really love the color.

And I think a pencil skirt would look great, but do you think that a satin one would be fine? The blouse is silk & the shoes are velvet. and I was thinking beige fishnets (the big ones) I dont want to look like a xmas tree.

Thanx

P.S. btw i did try on a pair of black skinny trousers, but I almost felt like Austin Powers :smile: and I have gained about 15lbs lately so i dont feel too comfy in tight pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas Party is tonight and I need opinions!!

Hi,

So this is my chosen outfit

956-999-X36w.jpg

I have the dress in Size 12 Petite (so it falls just above the knee), the shoes and even the matching bag.

What do you all think of it? Be honest!!

Also, do you think I should wear any accessories or will it look over the top? The party is going to be held at a Bar / Restraunt and it Smart Casual.

Also, what sort of make up should I go for, subtle or not?

Please help! It starts at 7.00, so by the time I get home I will have less than a hour!! :shock:

Thanks
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/kimbyanne/956-999-X36w.jpg

you have the matching shoes AND the matching bag as well?

id wear silver shoes and a carry a different clutch.
matching everything is too much imo.

the dress is kinda busy, so dont wear any necklaces... if you want to add something maybe a simple bracelet?

perhaps some simple stud earrings in pearl or something....I agree that the matching bag and shoes is too much...I think the dress would look good with a silver clutch at least...

ARGH! NO!

My parents brought me the whole outfit specially for tonight, I cannot not wear bits of it.

I do not own silver shoes or a silver clutch.

Is the dress and shoes at least ok?

I like the shoes, the dress is a bit busy, but nice colour. Everything matching seems a bit contrived and passe ...

okay if you must, you can wear the shoes...
but dont.. dont.. bring the matching bag..

or if you.. absolutely.. have to.. bring the bag, (ie your parents getting mad)

maybe wear a coverup cardigan/bolero in a diff color (ivory? off white? black?) to add some color into your outfit. then it wont be too matchy matchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->