What to wear in New York City

Yeah, I work in midtown and I see lots, no, TONS of Banana Republic on both men and women. Don't let BR design a sorta *trendy* coat, you will see it on at least 20 women, LOL.

It's very depressing Soft..I love to see people dressed up, and I know my style is a bit boring, but damn, people, wake up....make the NY name proud.

I know I don't shop at all the interesting downtown shops, but I expect better of New Yorkers, especially women. Nothing wrong with a BR/JCREW, but head to toe, 5 days a week?

I'm downtown sometimes (admittedly no more than Soho) and I see lots of clones or some holding onto the grunge look. I was dining in the meatpacking district the other day and saw girls (not teens) coming in with Uggs, C&C tee-shirts......trend wh*ring themselves to no end.....

Am I ranting? Sorry...but that's why I say NY dressing is overrated...sometimes while I am in Barneys I will see some well dressed folks and on the streets around there and some nightspots but not nearly as much as people outside the city tend to think of it......

Most of the city shops at the same chain stores that people in Anywhere, USA shop (no flames please, just being honest)...you can funk up some chian store stuff with your own identity but i dont see that either.......

Originally posted by Theory@Oct 31 2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I work in midtown and I see lots, no, TONS of Banana Republic on both men and women. Don't let BR design a sorta *trendy* coat, you will see it on at least 20 women, LOL.

It's very depressing Soft..I love to see people dressed up, and I know my style is a bit boring, but damn, people, wake up....make the NY name proud.

I know I don't shop at all the interesting downtown shops, but I expect better of New Yorkers, especially women. Nothing wrong with a BR/JCREW, but head to toe, 5 days a week?

I'm downtown sometimes (admittedly no more than Soho) and I see lots of clones or some holding onto the grunge look. I was dining in the meatpacking district the other day and saw girls (not teens) coming in with Uggs, C&C tee-shirts......trend wh*ring themselves to no end.....

Am I ranting? Sorry...but that's why I say NY dressing is overrated...sometimes while I am in Barneys I will see some well dressed folks and on the streets around there and some nightspots but not nearly as much as people outside the city tend to think of it......

Most of the city shops at the same chain stores that people in Anywhere, USA shop (no flames please, just being honest)...you can funk up some chian store stuff with your own identity but i dont see that either.......
[snapback]413060[/snapback]​

Midtown is death. If my office ever moved there I wouls start looking for another job. I am dead serious.

i admit i'd like to see more of an effort overall....but i think it's actually better these days than in years past...especially at this time of year with the changiing season and changing styles... :wink: :flower:

london was a big disappointment this time...(to be fair though, i'm sure the bad weather had something to do with that)...but paris puts us all to shame... i love being able to dress up without being stared at... ^_^ :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 20 2004, 07:54 AM
thx purple...but i'm sure all the ny-ers on the spot are very stylish...

i don't know abou this guy...but the ones i know don't really like it when a group of girls all look like clones of one another...it's better to be individual and stand out from the crowd...the girls may not like that so much...but who cares...we care about what the boys think...right...? :wink: :lol:
[snapback]402518[/snapback]​

I agree that you should stand out. Be sophisticated and playful and sexy looking in your own way. Make the rest of the girls look like skanks without lowering yourself. And besides. It's all in personality and how you carry yourself too. The look will catch his eye, but the person and the way you carry yourself will keep his interest continued. B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->