What to wear to a job interview

lovespell

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been a long while since I've been on this sight. I just got back from basic training, and have been applying for jobs. Tomorrow I have a job interview to work at the department store Herberger's. I'd like to look sophisticated and professional, with a little touch of my own style. I'm 17, but don't want to go in their looking like everyother teenager, but I also don't want to look like a 30 year old boring business woman. Any help on what to wear would be great. I don't have much time to figure this out! Thanks a bunch. :flower:

I say a pair of black trousers, black camisole, white oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a cute pair of closed pumps......it wont look buisnesswoman it'll look like dressed up teen.

Hey! Just joined and I'm in something of a bind. I'm 16 and I have an interview to goto pretty soon. The thing is the pants really shows off my small waist and I feel/look like a tool. Would it be okay if I got something a little bigger that sits a litle lower or do I have to suck it up and look ridiculous?

5. tool

someone who is a complete idiot /one who is used by other people, and usually dosen't even realize it/ someone who can't think for themselves/ an ***hat.

The first definition works best.

Thanks for the definition. :smile: Pants that emphasise your waist sound perfectly fine to me. If it's the higher waist issue you're concerned about, high waists are apparently back in. I remember reading a bit ago that hip huggers are now passe (bad me) anyhow. Although... couldn't you just stick to a skirt instead if you're worried?

In fact, you would really be quite current! :flower:

Attachments

• gucci.jpg
    gucci.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 28
  • high.jpg
    high.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 20
  • high2.jpg
    high2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 22
sounds fine formally informal...as a matter of fact, the high waist thing fits well into the current trend of dapper dressing popularized by stylish, well-tailored people like Andre 3000, no worries!

Originally posted by Formally.Informal@Oct 27 2004, 01:26 AM
:P
Hmm, a skirt might look awkward. Did I forget to mention that I'm a guy? Hehehe. :lol:
[snapback]407790[/snapback]​
Well yes, you did. :ninja: That might make a slight difference... I do think that the pants sound just fine though.

Can you wear a suit over the pants so that the waistline doesn't show? Anyways, you'll be sitting down most of the time and the employer will be looking at you from the waist up, so you should be fine. But if you're still uncomfortable with the pants, then wearing something more low-waisted will give the illusion of having a thicker waistline.

Good luck with the interview.

Fashion Emergency!

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but I need help fast! :smile: Tomorrow I am going to interview and tour at the University of Cincinnati's Fashion Program. I have no idea what to wear! Any ideas or suggestions would be more than welcome. Thank you so much, I'm nervous enough as it is...:blush:

just above knee shors. cowboy boots. cami in bright color and unique small jacket. clutch.

it's a collge tour right? don't sweat it. plus it's not like a pretentious school like parsons or anything.

^ are you serious? not being snarky, you're just so specific.

wear whatever you want. if you're going to fashion school i can assume you know a thing or 2 about style. i think you'll be fine! don't overdress, i think.

Thanks. It's gonna be hot tomorrow walking around campus so I'm thinking:
light blue james perse bermudas
black camisole under
white theory tank
black chanel glasses
ballet flats
and maybe my black and white striped ysl blazer
Any thoughts on that idea?

black 3/4 sleeve tee or a blazer with white tank undereath
cropped denim
black pump (round toe)
hobo bag or other accessories

keep it simple and clean cut. i'm not sure if you should dress too trendy. because it IS an INTERVIEW after all.

emma_leigh said:
Thanks. It's gonna be hot tomorrow walking around campus so I'm thinking:
light blue james perse bermudas
black camisole under
white theory tank
black chanel glasses
ballet flats
and maybe my black and white striped ysl blazer
Any thoughts on that idea?

sounds good to me!:flower:

tell us how the interview went!

I ended up wearing that outfit, but I didn't interview. I thought I would but apparently UC doesn't do that. Just a lot of info, tours and the like. Thank you so much for all the help guys!
:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5starnoe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->