What to wear to a party

cinapuff

Reaction score
I'm going back to my old hometown in a couple of weeks, and I've been invited to this party/girls-night-out with my old friends.. So now I'm thinking of what to wear?

I like the "vintage"-secretary-sort of twenties-look, feminine and lady-like with tweed, lace and fur details, brooches and so on.. Thats how I normally dress at work. I'm just curious on how to make it a little bit more "party-ish"?

I've already decided to wear a skirt (just don't know wich one yet), and my "just below the knee"-high black leather boots with round toe and stiletto heel. And to this either black or beige fishnet stockings..
My major problem is what top to wear with this..

I'm thinking of some kind of lace and chiffon top, maybe a little bit see-through..?
And what skirt would you prefer? Mini, mid-thigh or knee-length? Wide or more pencil-shaped?

I would be thankful for any advice! :flower:

Please anyone?
I really would appreciate your help! :flower:

I have no clue what type of blouse or top I'm gonna wear.. :(

Anyway, here are the boots I plan to wear.. Probably together with black fishnet stockings and a skirt..

Attachments

• pjucks.JPG
    pjucks.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 14
i would say if you want the secretary look don't do the boots AND the fish nets. it's a little...er..p*rno? whatever. i would wear a pencil skirt that covers the top of the boots which means no need for tights etc, preferably in tan, with a blouse that's maybe frilly? or large around the buttons and/or neck, but unbuttoned, wear a form fitting blazar over it but clasp it shut with 3 brooches. so it's sort of like a tosseled 'i just got laid' secretary and less p*rnstar. something like that i guess.

Originally posted by wyatt.@Oct 7 2004, 07:22 AM
so it's sort of like a tosseled 'i just got laid' secretary and less p*rnstar.

Oh! Thank you! You just put words on the look I wanted! :lol:
And thanks for the 'p*rnstar'warning'. I do not want to look like that.. :blush:

Definitly go for a pencil skirt. They are so sexy, in a more subtle way that a miniskirt just can not compete with. And you will probably look ten times better/classier then most of the other girls you are going out with, since when going ou bars/clubs ect most of them think less clothes equals more sexy and attractive, wich is not always the case.

Maybe a crisp white button down shirt with a lean tailored fit, tucked in. And the top buttons ubdone, with a lacy, chiffon type tank top underneath, so just the top edges are peeking out?

I would avoid the fishnets, just wear the skirt just below the knee so it just about reaches boots. That way when you move, people will catch brief flashes of skin.

Good luck! I'm going home next week, and am very nervous about what I'll be wearing the entire trip. I know how important the perfect outfit is!

Thanks! You guys are so nice giving me advice about my outfit! :flower:

But now I'm having second thoughts about the boots.. Perhaps I'm going to wear my black suede pumps instead? They look like the ones in the picture below, only black instead..

Attachments

• pumps.JPG
    pumps.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
Ballerina on Acid skirt, help find

One of my really good friend's 21st party is coming up. It's black tie, (flexible-put it this way-it's not the Costume Institute Gala:lol: ),in a massive marquee, in her equally massive garden. Seeing as it's also a party where everyone from school will see each other for the first time for the summer holidays (we've all been spread out around the country since we went off to uni 3 years ago) I'm keen to actually bother to make an effort:blush: . I want to go for the Pretty-Ballerina-on-Acid look, and this skirt that Ashley O is wearing is perfect:heart: -but I want it shorter, up to my knees or above maybe, and I will be wearing a long sleeved top, as I would never show everything at once.

I will be wearing gold strappy high sandals with, some diamonds and maybe a few bangles. Does anyone know where I can get a black, preferably satin, puffy skirt, knee length or above? I'd love some help.

52680317.jpg

I like her outfit. :heart:

I hope you find the skirt; I'm of no help.

OMG spike!!!:o

i WANT that skirt...!!!....

:heart:

princess-can't see the photo either..
maybe just a black crinoline is what you need...

wow, thankyou so much everyone. Spike, that skirt is so amazing...and Brian, if I could only get that second skirt in black. I thought I could pick something up in Orlando but it looks like I will just pick up something over the net now, so thankyou!

I have a black tutu... Hot Topic, about $50.... I may be able to find a photo of it..

Clubbing/Party Outfits

I'm so sorry if a thread like this has been posted before but so far I haven't seen any. Anyway, what's your ideal clubbing/party outfit? What do you like wearing during night-outs? Post any pics? I think I'm in need of some nice, new ideas and some inspiration, LOL! :P

Pretty basic-

skimpy dress, strappy stilettos, and a clutch

or- skimpy top, jeans, strappy stilettos, and a clutch

and chandelier type earrings, or a big cocktail ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"