What to wear to a theme park

Crystalicious

Reaction score
... kind of a spin-off of the Tourist Fashion thread... what do you wear when you're going to a theme park?
My husband and I are going to Orlando for 8 days, 7 of which will be in the Disney Parks. (Forgive me, I'm an adult fanatic!).

I'd love some suggestions!
:flower:

^Good walking shoes are a must:P

Some kind of hat...........
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm not much help:lol:

flats.. and layers that can be striped off put on as need be with the changes in weather through out the day..also sunglasses and comfy shoes are a must

I assume you've already packed the Mickey Mouse shirt, correct? :P

Whenever I go to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, I make sure to wear clothing that will dry easily in the sun, since it's a well-known fact that attractions like Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run will soak anything and everything you're wearing. Consider yourself lucky that Walt Disney World doesn't have Grizzly River Run (you do have to deal with Splash Mountain, though)! :wink:

Other than that, I'd say there isn't anything too special you need to pack. I don't know the weather in Florida, but I assume at this time of year the temperatures are high and you're probably better off packing items like dresses, shorts, and t-shirts. A pair of sneakers is also a necessity - flip-flops or sandals will quickly become bothersome with all the walking you'll do (unfortunately, I can attest to this).

Most of all, wear comfortable clothing so you can concentrate on the most important thing - having fun! Be sure to tell Mickey I said hi. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG. Im going to an amusement park on Wednesday, I ahvent been to one in like 7 years (since I was 13).

I have no idea what to wear, I want to wear my couture but I dont want to ruin it with all the commoners. I was thinking of going preppy with white linen shorts and a white shortleeve button down with my madras sneakers but I dunno if that'll be comfortable. If I could wear anything id wear my lanvin hightops, rick owens microschorts and a sheer top (for the heat) but I would probably get murdered b/c this is the ghetto.

Well, clothes that dry easily is very nice!! and try something that covers the top part of your legs (because if the seats are plastic it's very horrible to sit in). so maybe a jeans (but that doens't dry veyr quickly and is hot) with a nice top and flipflops or flat shoes).
and think about where to put your stuff!

I am off to Orlando too in 3 wks time. I am taking plenty of shorts, because a flash of your briefs on a ride is not very lady like. I am jazzing them up with loose vest tops (a la Nicole Ritchie) and some gladiator Balenciaga-esque sandals.

and think about where to put your stuff!

Good point - you have to keep in mind that, unless you rent a locker to put them in, your purse and/or shopping bags will also get soaked on water attractions. I've found that a mini backpack (as long as you zip it completely) works pretty well, although somehow small amounts of water always seem to sneak in.

Some guests even wear a rain poncho to protect themselves on attractions like Splash Mountain, but I've never tried it out myself. From my experiences, walking away from the attraction with water dropping from your clothes is all part of the fun. :P

Thanks for the suggestions. I usually wear something like this:
Heidi:
heidiandspencerdisneyland6.jpg

(photo credit: backseatcuddler.com)

So I might just go with that... I was just hoping to not have to jeans/tshirt everday!
(and I promise, no cheesy poses!)

^Looks good.......
but I would hate walking with wet jeans from the rides!^_^

Consider yourself lucky that Walt Disney World doesn't have Grizzly River Run (you do have to deal with Splash Mountain, though)!

^But Walt Disney World had the Kali River Rapids (Animal Kingdom-Asia)......and believe me you can get pretty wet on that ride!!!!B)

.....and for the record I like the Kali River Rapids but The Grizzly River Run is better!!!

Ahh! Well, I will plan for Splash Mountain.. and I think we're going to do MGM, MK & Epcot.

^Oh, you have to do Animal Kingdom. It is just fantastic!!!

Whenever I go to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, I make sure to wear clothing that will dry easily in the sun, since it's a well-known fact that attractions like Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run will soak anything and everything you're wearing. Consider yourself lucky that Walt Disney World doesn't have Grizzly River Run (you do have to deal with Splash Mountain, though)! :wink:
hum.. maybe gore-tex can help you with that :lucky: they have jackets as well as pullovers

ultra light-weight, breathable, waterproof..

you never know if it will rain
i agree with the mini backpack
also light-coloured clothes.. since black shirts will absorb heat & make you hotter

maybe a pastel/creme dress ? ^_^
a shirt and trousers will cover too much skin and keep the heat in

OMG. Im going to an amusement park on Wednesday, I ahvent been to one in like 7 years (since I was 13).

I have no idea what to wear, I want to wear my couture but I dont want to ruin it with all the commoners. I was thinking of going preppy with white linen shorts and a white shortleeve button down with my madras sneakers but I dunno if that'll be comfortable. If I could wear anything id wear my lanvin hightops, rick owens microschorts and a sheer top (for the heat) but I would probably get murdered b/c this is the ghetto.

Even the theme park is no longer innocent when the-smiths comes to visit :lol: I remember being on a water ride at Universal Studios as an adult, and someone leaned over & splashed dirty water all over me, including in my mouth :angry: Not wanting to start a wet T-shirt contest, I headed to the stores to find something dry. I have to say there is very little call for a black Grinch t-shirt IRL ... :innocent: So I would say white linen is not going to be the ticket ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to six flags/disneyland all the time. I find it hard to look cute, battle extreme weather, be comfortable, and wear clothing that works on rides all at the same time. I think at disneyland/world you can pretty much wear anything as long as it works with the weather of that day, and obviously comfortable shoes(altho i'm known to wear a kitten heel or worse most times) and something nice to carry all your stuff that can fit in the storage containers they have on most rides. I normally don't change my look too much though, it would make me more uncomfortable to just wear jeans and a tshirt for me, I prefer dressy looks myself. At places like six flags I normally don't bring a bag at all just stuff my id and money in a pocket since you can't take a bag on any rides there. I normally wear like a mini dress, with shorts underneath for modesty, a sweater, and tennis shoes because otherwise your shoes can fall off on some rides, and anyway wearing flip flops to a theme park always seems really unsanitary to me.

A bit off topic, but where is best to get good ticket deals for theme parks in Orlando?

When I went to Disneyland I wore skinny jeans, cons and a t-shirt. I spent most of my time cold and wet from the rides. If I went now I'd wear tights as they dry in easily and a light dress with a cardi and some kind of waterproof layer I can keep in my bag. A scarf is a good idea too.

A bit off topic, but where is best to get good ticket deals for theme parks in Orlando?

back of sunday tabloids with all the cheapo holidays :flower:

Even the theme park is no longer innocent when the-smiths comes to visit :lol: I remember being on a water ride at Universal Studios as an adult, and someone leaned over & splashed dirty water all over me, including in my mouth :angry: Not wanting to start a wet T-shirt contest, I headed to the stores to find something dry. I have to say there is very little call for a black Grinch t-shirt IRL ... :innocent: So I would say white linen is not going to be the ticket ...
Did I mention no underwear will be worn?? Ill be like Amanda Lepore at Disneyland, Ill be asked never to return to the magic kingdom...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->