Whats the next IT bag ..

NicoleKass

Reaction score
We are all way past Balenciaga..Chloe..silverado..paddington..Fendi spy bag. Any idea whats the next it bag is ..

The new chanel 2.55 is kinda nice..but its a reissue..so not that big of a deal.

Any idea? :blush:

I think the muse, fendi bbag, and possibly the chloe edith. The spy, balenciga and paddington still seem to be doing well, although I dont think the silverado made it :(

^^ I agree on the Stam. This upcoming season, I will make sure I buy any bag I even remotely like. haha. It always ends up where I don't like a bag until I realize I do and it's impossible to find anywhere. :doh:

i agree on the stam. it was sold out before they even put it in the NM christmas book...and he's planning to rerelease it for spring in new colors

the novak definately. mcqueen is huge with the stars right not too, everything is right for it to hit big

the fendi one with the buckles

I think the fendi bbag, will be huge.

honestly i think the stam is to hyped up at the moment, and is going to die down.. I might be wrong, that's just my opinion.

Guessgirl96 said:
I think the muse, fendi bbag, and possibly the chloe edith. The spy, balenciga and paddington still seem to be doing well, although I dont think the silverado made it :(

I totally agree with ya Guessgirl about all your suggestions....I saw a lovely, chocolate brown silverado for sale on ebay yesterday at almost retail price!

I would also add the Stam and the Novak to that list.

Possibly also the Lanvin Kansas?

There's also a couple of cute miu miu's coming out that might be popular, though probably not 'it' bags.

I agree with Pucci that I dont think the stam will be very huge. And although I think the novak and and lanvin kansas will be big, I dont think they will have the huge "it" status.

here are some bags supposedly very IT for ss06 according to USA high end retailers who spoke to wwd :flower:
120505_39.jpg
Prada
120505_30.jpg
Kooba's Ginger

120505_31.jpg
Balenciaga
120505_33.jpg
Chloé's Edith.
120505_34.jpg
Chanel

120505_35.jpg
Fendi's B Fendi Buckle
120505_36.jpg
Gucci

120505_37.jpg
Christian Dior's Gaucho.
120505_38.jpg
Roger Vivier
High-end retailers are queuing up for spring's must-have handbags even as consumers are busy making their lists for holiday gifts.

"If you're looking for news, it's 'Edith,'" said Sarah Easley, co-owner of Kirna Zabκte, referring to the new silhouette from Chloè.

Chloè has been on a roll. Many retailers are continuing with the popular Paddington and Silverado styles introduced several seasons ago, but in new colorways and materials, such as a $12,880 alligator version being offered by Neiman Marcus.

The B Fendi Buckle bag is also on the radar. The bag features a pair of handles and two patch pockets that each close by way of an oversized buckle.

Neutrals are important across the board, as with Kooba's Ginger bag that comes in butter and honey colors and Gucci's off-white patent leather collection with bamboo zipper pulls and turnlocks.

Denim is key at Chanel and Christian Dior, whose Gaucho bag has had a wait list since the spring runway show was posted on fashion Web sites. Robert Burke, senior vice president of fashion of Bergdorf Goodman, said the store has stocked up and has added a Dior boutique.

"An 'It' bag brings in the customer because they've already seen it on celebrities and in advertising [before it is available in stores]," said Michael Fink, senior fashion director of Saks Fifth Avenue. "They're great marketing tools. You never know if you have an ample amount with 'It' bags really. But the customer wants to be a part of the mania and on the wait list, and when you're called [from the wait list], they have to buy the bag right then and there. That's part of it."

But the must-have bag can be a double-edged sword.

"It's great,'' said Julie Gilhart, vice president and fashion director of Barneys New York. "You can really drive your business [with these bags]. Look at the Balenciaga Classic. It's still going strong. The problem with the 'It' bag is that if it's too overexposed, it becomes too much pressure for a company to outdo itself [the next season]. It's great in some ways, not in others."

photos and article credited to wwd

The edith is nice but I really don't like the BBag. I quite like the Stam myself but I don't know if it's strength will continue. Hard to say. The Dior Gaucho bag is quite nice. And I really don't see the Novak becoming an IT bag. It seems to have died out before it even began really. they are quite easily and readily available. I agree with whoever said the YSL Muse. I can see that becoming popular.

oooo I really like that Dior Gaucho :D I can't wait to see it in person.

I am kinda liking the bbag fendi...i loved this blue and brown colour combination.. anyone know how much is it retailing for?

I really like that first Prada bag! Does anyone know what it is called? The Fendi Bbag is growing on me, too. I thought it looked kind of tacky before...but I probably will end up LOVING it once it is sold out nationwide! :lol:

Ha! I had a dream last night that I ordered a FENDI B belt and bag in the tan/black leather combo. I had a mild interest in the leather B bags (really had my eye on the lace and yellow embroidered one), but now I'm in love! The subconscious is a funny thing... :lol:

how! that gaucho bag is really nice...wonder how much it 'll be.......:smile:

I have to agree on the Muse by YSL, there is just something about it and the leather is great! I just saw it at NM.

i just held a fendi b-bag in my hand, and i absolutely believe it's going to be THE bag for s/s. it was so gorgeous in person, so much in better than in person.

ilovepositano said:
i just held a fendi b-bag in my hand, and i absolutely believe it's going to be THE bag for s/s. it was so gorgeous in person, so much in person.

oops for some reason can't edit the last post. anyway, i'm in love the the b-bag and wrote a whole thing about it in the fendi s/s 06 thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkiZ
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->