Where To Go For.......

clay

Reaction score
Hi!

I wanted to start a post where memebers can give info out to others looking for services
to aid them in their personal design projects or start a business. i notice a few people
out there asking for advice on this subject.

So please anyone out there with info to share please just post maybe names and/or addresses
of businesses that can help for example:

Best leather supplier in New York is Libra Leather. Huge variety of quality skins.

A great small production house and designer ( In NYC) is Yaron Zino
[email protected] (Really good guy I use him all the time) I use him for custom leather
that I sell starting at $600.00 a pop.

A great tailor and pattern maker ( In NYC) , designer, bridal designer is Micheal James
I use him for custom suits that I sell for $1100.00 a pop.
[email protected]

Ok Guys please feel free to add in more to this thread and hopefully people can get useful info.

Hey Thanks Chocsta!!!

Everyone else please do not be shy. Please share some info like Chocsta : )

:( i get all of my fabrics and trimmings in Premiere Vision, no idea od websites or the US market.. sorry i cannot add uo in the topic :ninja:

Seditionary,

Sorry I am new here. Pleas advise what is a sticky topic and MOD.

Originally posted by clay@May 14th, 2004 - 10:52 pm
Seditionary,

Sorry I am new here. Pleas advise what is a sticky topic and MOD.
sticky topics are only decided by the admin.

from what i see there are not too many replies to start with :(
lets see how it goes first :flower:

Lena,

Thanks for answering my question. You are right not to many replies. I have been looking thru forums for this type of topic and i can never seem to find one where people participate. So i gave it shot here. I am a designer and I thought some people out there would like having info on some things.Other sites and this one often have people asking questons about the industry. I guess people will ask and others will answer when
they need to.

Anybody in New York that can tell me where i find the best linen for a mans suit? I onlu need enough for a suit and I need to find the best stuff. Price is not a issue, just needs to be the best. Anybody out there to help me???? :o

cant be of much help in the NY fabric market,
much more for small quantities,
still, try to search for Solbiatti Italian linens and they NY reps,
they have THE best linen for menswear :wink:

I have TONS of resources for fabrics, leathers, findings, trimmimgs, handles, .... a handbag designers dream.. I wont post them all because there are at least 100... but i'll post a few of my faves.

While Libra I suppose is good... the guy there really creeps me out and seems to hit on anything that walks in the door... plus it's lotsa moneeeey.
These are all NYC addresses

I like to go to:
Global Leather
253 West 35th Street .

Leather, Suedes, and Skins, Inc.
261 West 35th St. 11th floor

Metro Leather Corp
157 West 29th St.

M&J Trimmings
1008 Sixth Ave

K. Trimming Co.
519 Broadway (findings)

Active Trimming Co.
250 West 39th (zippers!!)

Toho Soji, Inc.
990 Sixth Ave (Beads, buttons, jewelry stuff)

Metaliferous
34 West 46th St. (Metal findings)

Westphal & Co.
105 West 30th St. (Shoe making supplies)

Mood Fabrics
225 West 37th st. Suite 3
mood has a huge assortment of desiner fabrics.. but it can be costly.

ok.. those are a few of my regularly visited stores.

Wow, this is a great post. Although I am not a designer, I am in the process of starting my small business (verrrrry slowly). I have a link I think I got from Lena at some point in time. There is a variety of information here. You might find the "Industry of fashion" section helpful at www.dressforsucess.nl Another site where you can find textile brokers around the world is http://www.infosew.com/textile/textile_broker.html

Now, somebody help me with getting catalogs from various designers/manufacturers/wholesalers :smile:

Punkie,

Check out The Alexander Report on line for tons of info on everthing.
Also check The Angel of Fashion site.
Also Many stores have their catalogs sitting at the desk some for free, some are sold.

Hey Guys!

Anybody knows who does Donna Karans mens suits in New York? Or a Maker of High end designer suits in New York ( I do not need a designer I need the a company that does the suits)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->