Alice Temperley for Target

i picked up the ruffled blue cropped jacket today... it was the very last one and it actually fit. i love the color - not sure what i will wear it with but i figured i'd snag it while i could. i'm planning on ordering the black and white (w/yellow) crepe dress, the tunic sweater, the petal dress, and possibly the wide black and white striped belt (along with other items which may appear with time :innocent:). i'm just so unsure on sizing!
still so sad about the sold out sweater coat. :doh: it really makes me mad that people like us may have missed out on them because a bunch of people bought them up and are selling them for double the original price.

Is that blk blazer on the exclusives different than the velvet blazer that everyone has been talking about and waiting for? The one online looks nice !
Why oh why do they not have free shipping on certain exclusive items !!!!?!?!?!?boo hoo

handbaglover~ that black 'melton wool sweater sleeve' jacket they have on the exclusives page is different from the velevet one. i went back to target yesterday with my BF...he officially thinks im nutzo:lol: as everytime i go in there i go straight for the 'go' collections.....and i saw that jacket too...tried it on in fact, and would have bought it if it wasn't for the fact it's like a 70% polyester thing for $49.99....:yuk:. it feels like that really cheap polyester car upholstery they used to use in the 1970's...like 'flocked' kinda....it was thick, but super cheap, which was a shame because it fit really nicely and the cut is very vintage. the sleeves are like a loose weave knit, but i think it would pill-up after a few wears and would not wash nicely. such a shame as this would have been amazing if it was like a wool and viscose or something....

a lot of pieces in this collection seem to be like that. the quality of the materials is really poor and cheap. i dunno if it's a british thing or what, ( not the cheap part, the synthetic-material blend part :blush:). i have cousins in england and i went on far too many shopping trips with them while i was visiting. i was pretty dissapointed though, as polyester-anything seems to rule the racks over there. im not sure if it's because it's so cold, or what exactly, but for the most part, the stores i went into throughout london, besides the luxury ones, everything was synthetic or synthetic blends...:huh::huh:

there are a ton of new items on the exclusive link including the belted sweater dress and l/s babydoll dress! :smile: SO happy! i ordered both, plus a few more items. does anyone know how the babydoll dress fits?

my first shipment came friday and i love everything. i also sized up in the blouses, but the leaf print sweater and grey voile dress fit TTS. more items should come today.....

p.s. hats are up too! i think someone was looking for the hats.

handbaglover~ that black 'melton wool sweater sleeve' jacket they have on the exclusives page is different from the velevet one. i went back to target yesterday with my BF...he officially thinks im nutzo:lol: as everytime i go in there i go straight for the 'go' collections.....and i saw that jacket too...tried it on in fact, and would have bought it if it wasn't for the fact it's like a 70% polyester thing for $49.99....:yuk:. it feels like that really cheap polyester car upholstery they used to use in the 1970's...like 'flocked' kinda....it was thick, but super cheap, which was a shame because it fit really nicely and the cut is very vintage. the sleeves are like a loose weave knit, but i think it would pill-up after a few wears and would not wash nicely. such a shame as this would have been amazing if it was like a wool and viscose or something....

a lot of pieces in this collection seem to be like that. the quality of the materials is really poor and cheap. i dunno if it's a british thing or what, ( not the cheap part, the synthetic-material blend part :blush:). i have cousins in england and i went on far too many shopping trips with them while i was visiting. i was pretty dissapointed though, as polyester-anything seems to rule the racks over there. im not sure if it's because it's so cold, or what exactly, but for the most part, the stores i went into throughout london, besides the luxury ones, everything was synthetic or synthetic blends...:huh::huh:

Thanks for the feedback on the jacket - although I'd still love to see it and try it on..I am so bad..
Did you find it fit true to size or did you have to size up?
My local Target rarely has new items and I highly doubt they will have this piece --although I should just go see before ordering.

Absolutely! :flower: I just followed your advice and found the long black coat, the velvet jacket and a few other items that are neither on the exclusives page or the regular site. I deliberated (again) about the velvet jacket, but decided (again) not to get it. but i did get the long melton coat, and two black dresses. and i got 10% off with the same coupon i used the other day! (i posted it on the previous page) + free shipping on items that are not free shipping on the exclusives page

^^I think most of the "exclusives" can be seen by searching for them on the Target website. For example, when I searched "Temperley dress," it pulled up some items that weren't available last week, including that halter dress and the ruffle front cotton voile dress in black, which I ordered. The exclusives don't have the free shipping with minimum purchase option for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Which long black coat is this? I just ordered the velvet jacket on the excluisves page and it's free shipping available now...so strange

handbaglover, for the black melton jacket, a medium fit nicely. i normally wear small jackets, so yah i sized up. i think im going to order the hats....my store never gets the accessories in and they're really cute!

Checked out the collection at the pop up shop in selfridges. The quality was very cheap, in terms of manufacture and the materials used.

Style wise it didn't feel Temperly at all, was all very current trend, nothing slightly unique about it?!

Baffled why Temperly decided to do this, I mean they are aiming to be a super luxe and although they have done well, they are not quite as well established to risk doing such a collab imho.

They are backed by a private equity group so perhaps - this is my pure speculation - they are under pressure to make a healthy return so maybe a cheaper diffusion line is on the way to reach the masses and this may be good for generating hype? who knows...:innocent:

dezzydez, the quality IS pretty cheap, but certain pieces transcend it.

the pants and skirts are pretty horrible generally, but the high waisted one, from what i've heard, and the victorian ruffle shirt have a fit and cut that is much better than a typical $30-40 item. I tried on a few things, but haven't received what i ordered online yet, so who knows, i may be sending it all back!

but what i did try on-- the black see through blouse and the velvet blazer, were not bad, whereas the button miniskirt, the flower skirt and the knee trousers were really cheap crap imo.

handbaglover, for the black melton jacket, a medium fit nicely. i normally wear small jackets, so yah i sized up. i think im going to order the hats....my store never gets the accessories in and they're really cute!

Thanks - I ordered a Med -the blue melton jacket - I fit the Med -so I had a feeling they may fit the same.And this one seems more fitted

I've received part of my shipment and here is my review. I would say that I mostly sized up (or need to size up) on this line, it was cut smaller then Libertine.

I didn't like the victorian blouses, in grey or ivory, they came off as a little costumey for me - although they are really well cut for the price in my opinion the fabric is also too itchy/rough. They do look really cute on, but they wouldn't really work with my wardrobe.

The blue wool jacket with the ruffle was too small - have to size up - but really cute. Nice buttons and I don't think the material was like polar fleece, I thought it was a really cute jacket and I'm going to order the winter white/ivory up a size to try it out. Usually I'm really allergic to wool and I wasn't with this jacket, my fiance also thought the fabric felt nice. The blue is a little bright for me, very cute, but I'm going to try winter white.

The blue top (now also shown in ivory) with balloon sleeves was really nice. Clingy so I may order a size up and see what I like, but it felt nice on and had a great cut.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-0318224?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000UJU9JS

The lace inset tanks in blue and white I'm torn on. They feel nice on, but I might change the buttons. I'm not sure what I'd wear them with but I might keep them as layering pieces.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-0318224?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000UJGIGG

The victorian cotton top in black fits great, nice fabric, cotton with some stretch, but I'm not sure. The lace panels are completely see through. I think it might have to go back. Very form fitting, shows off your waist.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-0318224?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000UJZBF0

The leaf and stripped sweater wasn't for me. Its a nice fabric and fit, maybe even a little more loose then the rest of the line, but I kept wishing the stripes on the sleeves were a little smaller. But it was nice looking.

http://www.target.com/gp/product/B000UGM4VW/602-3136381-0318224

thanks for the link for the melton coat...it's a very cute shape....but i wonder if it's done in that nasty poly polar fleece stuff the shorter jacket is done in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->