Where to shop for lace?

Discussion in 'Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself' started by jtothelo, Jul 30, 2009.

1. jtothelo

jtothelo New Member

I want to make a blouse out of black lace. So Im looking for blace lace fabric (not trimming, but whole fabric). I´ve looked on Ebay, but no luck finding the perfect lace yet. Pricerange is up to £60 per meter, but I am willing to pay a little more, if the perfect lace comes up.
    The lace must be black, and scalloped on one side. I also like it, when the scallop is "threaded" at the end (see picture example, pic from silkehuset.dk).

Ive looked at MacCulloch and Wallis´ website (UK company), and I think they have some amazing laces, but I would like it, if I could find something a little bit more inexpensive. So..any ideas? I can be firms around the world, doesn´t have to be Europe :flower:

Attached Files:

2. Ampersand

Ampersand New Member

Try mjtrim.com-- unfortunately their website doesn't quite have the selection of their store in nyc, but you might find what you're looking for in their bridal section. good luck!

3. jtothelo

jtothelo New Member

Thank you for your reply :) But I only see trim fabrics?

4. jchaussure

jchaussure New Member

Do you have any fabric stores nearby that you can go to?