Which fashion labels' websites do you hate and like?

balmain1914

Reaction score
I don't think building a website with good quality and attitude is a tough job for a high end fashion label(the website is cheap comparing what labels are selling luxury goods,ok?).But still,there are a lot of crap websites and it's not a good response to us,'casue not everyone here is VIP and get invited to the show and receive the shows video from label.Therefore,I wanna discuss with you,Which fashion labels' websites do you hate and like?

My ideal good website of a label is the label will:
provide HQ photos,update videos after show as soon as possible,allow to get adcampaign,give the job informations and open online stores......

but it's hard to get all of these,so,I pick up some my favourite and some I hate:

GOOD QUALITY WEBSITE:
1.Dolce & Gabbana(fast!fast!fast! they can provide the show details as soon as possible even Runway video!)

2.Yves Saint Laurent(HQ Runway photos,videos,adcampaign,online store)

3.Emilio Pucci and Chloe(Chloe is sweet,we can see look book,video and even download HQ adcampaign)

4.Dior (the runway video is too small) and Chanel

5.Hermes

6.Prada(I hope Miuccia can make a normal runway video,not the edited too much version,ok?)

7.Fendi(nice to see Fendi change the website)

8.Balenciaga(we can see Nicolas's sketch OF design)

9.Gucci

10.Louis Vuitton,Armani,Versace,Marc Jacobs,Givenchy,Valentino

------------------------------
Worst websites:

11.LANVIN(Lanvin's staff are too lazy because it seems that they are not willing to update the show video,we have to wait and wait for a long time,bad attitude)

12.BALMAIN(crap,just crap...no runway video,no HQ runway photos,no music,it's the worst.They sell 1000 pounds jeans,but their website is XXXX)
13.and your answers??

Last edited by a moderator:
Alberta Ferretti is also great, u can download their HQ campaign easily

I love the Balenciaga site for the same reason as you. I also agree with you on Balmain. Bad!

Fendi, Hermes and Karl Lagerfeld are all great websites.
That's when they decide to update.
And I kinda love the MMM website in it's irony.
The lesser-known brands are always kinda crappy.

The sites I hate are all the ones that don't have runway videos :rolleyes:

Alberta Ferretti is very great...but the runway video is cut out the audio

What the Fu*k on Christian Louboutin site, they're trying too hard to be individual turning out to be ludicrous and artificial

Viktor & Rolf is really great!Their archive section has all the shows this duo did...:wink:

I really love Viktor&Rolf too! and DVN is also great

MMM is still my favourite. it's embodies everything his work does,as crying diamonds said...ironic and humorous;unpretentious in the sense that it isn't some slick design approach...it's very simple and raw.

second would be boudicca's web site,platform13 and all its extension pages. just a fantastical,mesmerising wonderland every time i visit.

i'm a little annoyed with a.f. vandevorst's web site...not so much the design and aesthetics but that it really leaves a lot to be desired. i wish they would put up some archival stuff,including their graduation presentation and more of their projects they do. they've designed costumes for various theatre shows most famously for susan sontag's alice in bed.

MiuMiu's web looks simple but the background images are HQ and very beautiful,
but the runway's video sucks just like Prada's.

I adore the Chloé website,
they always update it
they have lookbooks and even pics of accesories done in a wonderfully way

also i go to Net a porter a lot, it's fantastic how they show the pieces^_^

thank you...finally I have got my mate,welcome to my 'Hate Lanvin Website club'......LOL.
Chloe is pretty,cute and thoughtful

For me the best website is Chanel. They not only have good quality images, good videos - but they also have sneak previews of campaigns, news about 'the world of Chanel' and they have podcasts.

The worst website is, hands down, Lanvin. It is so boring and useless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->