Who's The New Manolo?

shajopri

Reaction score
Lately, Manolo has been making so many timbs and neutral colors, I think that we're gonna have to turn to another cobbler for beautiful shoes. Lacroix is the one making truly creative shoes. Lately he's been using bright colors, even for fall, African beads, and mixes of exotic skins. I also love Charles Jourdan's lipstick shoes and lucite balls. Jimmy Choo is boring me, too, but I love Dior's neon ballet shoes for his couture line. What are y'alls picks?

i fell in love with helmut langs boots for fall 03 :heart:
chloe& balenciaga's thigh high boots too :blush:

oh how i want it all :o

love thew dior couture shoes you are refering to also :wink:

Great pick littlered, and thanks for the link space. they have some great stuff :woot:

All those Manolo Tims scare me! But I have to say that I love Helmut Lang's shoes this season, too, and I'm always a huge fan of Costume National and Ann Demeulemeester shoes. As far as strictly shoe people, though, I really love Hollywould shoes (which are also COMFORTABLE!). I'm trying to find more info about Juan Antonio Lopez, I keep reading that he's the new Manolo...!!!

To littlered :

The shoes that you bought are really cute. Has anyone ever noticed that Marc Jacobs kind of knock himself off, ie: those shoes are really similar to Louis Vuitton.

Marc has a style, most of hsi shoes are all in that style, he is not that inventive, he just has soem really nice ideas :blush:

My new fav shoes designer is definitley TERRY BIVIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her shoes are so colorful and visionary..... and with interesting details

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 21st, 2003 - 9:54 pm
Marc has a style, most of hsi shoes are all in that style, he is not that inventive, he just has soem really nice ideas :blush:
I'd have to agree with you on that. I dunno if anyone can take the place or be a "new" anything. I'd hope that all shoe designers would want to be innovative and stand on their own creative merit. At least I do. I'm inpsired and I admire, but I'd prefer to be taken on my own name.

Originally posted by nay-k@Sep 24th, 2003 - 4:29 am
My new fav shoes designer is definitley TERRY BIVIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her shoes are so colorful and visionary..... and with interesting details
Thanks for the pict, it's awesome!

i think the new manolo is christian louboutain. his new stilletos are killer!!! But pierre hardy cuts a shoe like no other.

Definately TERRY BIVIANO - i posted "What do u think of this australian shoe designer?" and got great responses from her and the pic I posted.

She is a vision...

Originally posted by blumarine@Sep 29th, 2003 - 12:01 am
Cesare Paciotti
Yes, I loveee this designer and pray to get into an internship there soon hehe.

I think Manolo is the new Manolo, he's a legend and just keeps on designing amazing shoes, his latest boots are fabulous.

Christian Louboutin is very special too, love his skyscraper high heels!

:heart:

Originally posted by Oria+Sep 29th, 2003 - 12:04 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Sep 29th, 2003 - 12:04 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-blumarine@Sep 29th, 2003 - 12:01 am
Cesare Paciotti
Yes, I loveee this designer and pray to get into an internship there soon hehe. [/b][/quote]
Whoa!
Can you say.... employee discount???

PS I even love his bags! (and everything he does in white!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->