Why? (Questions related to fashion world)

Nicolasa

Reaction score
I propose you a new pastime: raising questions of "why?", related to the fashion world, that wake our curiousity. The unknowns do not necessarily have to be answered, they just will be posting as a string.

Let's start!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Vogue Paris has a city name, while the rest has a country name?

Why The Sartorialist is obsessed with men wearing Italian suits, if they are the worst quality?

Why Karl lagerfeld doesn't support people without a stylized figure and poses proudly with Beth Ditto?

Why Heidi Klum is one of the most popular models, if she has never modeling in Paris?

Why Vogue Paris has a city name, while the rest has a country name?

this is the best, i was thinking about it, too, and i still don't know :lol:

why all editors (and all workers) of Vogue and other fashion magazines are so ugly? :D (okay not everbody, but almost :D)

Why do fashion magazines release up to eight different covers (with different cover stars even) for one issue of the magazine?

Why does Karl Lagerfeld always were sunglasses? :unsure:

Because he once said that he likes to be noticeable, since he considers himself a short man (because a tall man would be more noticeable I guess), he likes to be unique, different from everybody. So the sunglasses and his style make him different from other people.

Why Heidi Klum is one of the most popular models, if she has never modeling in Paris?

Because she was years and years with VS and VS gave her enormous projection, and she managed her career very well I guess, plus she got her Project Runway contract. However she's not known in the fashion industry.

Why is Naomi Campbell still around?!

Because she's a supermodel and her beauty is timeless. People still want to see her on magazines, still appreciate her beauty and magazines keep wanting her even at her age (which a rare thing to happen to a model I guess ). Same happens to a few other supermodels, like Eva, Claudia,

Why do fashion magazines release up to eight different covers (with different cover stars even) for one issue of the magazine?

To try to please everybody ? The percentage of the probability of a person buying the magazine increases if it was with just one cover, but I guess the content is the most important. But I'm sure that many people buy a certain magazine because the cover, many of them don't or can't know the content.

Why Anna Wintour (and the Olsen!) doesn't remove her sunnies on the front row?

Why blogger Tavi Gevison looks as as an old woman of 13 years old?

Why blogger Tavi Gevison looks as as an old woman of 13 years old?

And old woman of 13 years old :huh:
uhh okay my turn
why is anna wintour editor in chief of us vogue after all this time of having some of the most boring covers ever :shock:

Why do I have a model's naked boobs in my face whenever I open a "fashion" magazine? I'm not a prude or anything and most of them are pretty to look at but still, why?

Why doesn't Anna put more interesting people on the cover of Vogue (and instead she repeats cover stars)?

Why does Karl Lagerfeld keeps on using Baptiste Giabiconni?
:D Karl Lagerfeld is a mine of Whys?
On purpose: Why Karl Lagerfeld is always accompanied by muses-servants-toyboys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't Anna put more interesting people on the cover of Vogue (and instead she repeats cover stars)?

This is such a good question.
Why US Vogue almost never shots models for it's covers? Are young, beautiful and successful models worse than everyone-got-bored-of-them celebrities???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->