Working @ H&M?

Reaction score
I've recently applied for (and am pretty sure I got the job) to work part time at H&M... I am primarily looking to work for the discount (for some fun disposable clothes). I'm just wondering what it might be (the details of the discount would also be much appreciated).

As well, any idea how the pay is?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the pay will be in the $8/hr range.

Though I think it depends on where you are.

I know I've been told that in the states it's lower than that...

Discount? Expect 15-20% off... When I worked at Aritzia a while ago I think my discount was 25% or maybe it was 30%.

Sorry I'm not very helpful.

I'm going to be applying to H&M here in Toronto because if those Prada for H&M rumours are true - I want first dibz.

Last edited by a moderator:
:-( to the 15-20% off... And yes - if the Prada rumours are true, I can't wait to get my hot little hands on those! But i'm afraid they won't let employees buy them until the public has had a chance?

i'd be working on the floor as a sales associate... from my own experience as a customer there, I'm anticipating alot of folding/tidying and manning the fitting rooms...

I've worked in retail once before, but other than that most of my jobs have been unrelated (as well, I am still a student)...

I just walked in/dropped off my resume and was called in for an interview, it was pretty easy/low key

Sounds interesting im trying to get a job at the location in chicago..its gonna be crazy with this prada collection! phew! Its always jam packed without prada or a famous designer :(

I went in today and did get offered the job - I'm getting trained on Friday, I've been told the discount starts right away and there's a 3 month probationary period. If anyone is interested I can give you details as I get the, otherwise feel free to delete this thread :-)

ohh congrats! could you keep us updated as to what kind of stuff they teach you and what they expect of you? im really interested! thanks!

So.. here's the update - i've been @ H&M for a bit now, the discount is only 25% sadly (I was hoping for something like 30-50% a la bananarepublic.. but I guess the prices are so low at H&M it'll still beat the BR prices, besides I like HM more than banana, it's more interesting and fun)...

As for the working/atmosphere it's hectic to say the least... running the clothes/trying to make it not look like a crazy thrift store/random mess of junk is hard... and I never knew that clothes are tried on so much (I mean i did give it some thought - but putting it all back - I swear I cycled the same 6 dresses AT LEAST 20 times in my 8 hour shift.. and no one bought a single one! it kind of makes me want to wash my clothes before wearing them for the first time, lol..)

As well, working/seeing the clothes all the time is like browsing the store for the entire shift, so there are soo many things I want!!! I did get this job for the discount, but I feel like it may backfire hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i know this is kind of random question but i figured this was as bad as any place to ask:

Has anyone ever transferred from a US H&M to a European location? is this even possible and if so is it a major headache? i've heard it's a ridiculous feat simply transferring from one US state to another...

Has anyone ever worked in a European H&M and if so how do you like it? I noticed the weekend business hours are noticeably shorter which is very appealing. Also is it true only the US H&M locations sensor their merchandise?

Planning on visiting Stockholm as my cousin i haven't seen in ages invited us to use their flat free of charge. Also my cousin and her husband mentioned that retailers in Sweden are not very customer service oriented and one has to go out of the way to find assistance. Honestly i like to be left alone when shopping so this would suit me just fine...

in response to a previous question pay @ H&M is actually higher than the average retailer and in my and other people's cases, the employee names the price and H&M honors it (within reason of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->