Worst Trends And Styles Of The Last 10 Years

am I the only one in this world who likes fanny packs? now I dont mean the actual 80's fanny packs...

I have this really cute fendi "fanny pack" which is more like a pouch attached to a small belt. Its perfect for essentials when I dont want to carry a purse.

Originally posted by rayncloudx@May 5th, 2004 - 11:32 pm
i have to add bowling bags.. saw a guy with one today. hate it even more now :yuk:
me too!

i hate bowling bag styles as much as i can't stand the all of the rainbow monogram bags floating about.

Originally posted by oanadobre+May 7th, 2004 - 3:25 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oanadobre @ May 7th, 2004 - 3:25 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nader@May 6th, 2004 - 2:40 pm

-Scrunchies and Fanny packs (I love how in the recent years, men have found 'stylish' ways to wear the fanny pack fashionably :sick: )
Wait till Alejandro sees this! :lol: [/b][/quote]
the thing with ale is, he could pull off wearing a fanny pack made of scrunchies on his pinky finger... that bastard and his hotness :argg:

I always hated those pants with like a skirt over them. And fleece..

Super low waist jeans (which inevitably are paired with gross thongs and fat stomachs with pierced navels :yuk: )

chunky sneakers (sketchers anyone?)

leyla m. said:
plateau sneakers :sick:

OMG, I SO AGREE!

They were hip when I was in High-School and EVERY idiot wore them (Buffalos) and the those ultra-high ones were worn by Ravers...ugh yuck! :yuk:

Uggs, furry boots! If you don't live in the mountains don't wear them :lol: :innocent:

Oh yeah the "mod" look- so not cool. Platform trainers :sick: Sorry I know some people love their LV, Gucci, etc but logos all over is so over, just like designers who think that after we've paid $200 bucks we must STILL give free advertisement. :ninja: :innocent:

Acid said:
any kinda revivals of

20's
30's
40's
60's
70's
80's

fake juicy tracksuits on large women
pixie shoes
STRIPESSSSSSSSS
ugly flower prints
low heels that make the foot look really long
the generic tiffany necklace (worn by everyone and her daughter)
saddle bags
rediculously decorated fendi baguettes

Eh hem. About those fake "Juicy" tracksuits...they are actually not fake at all. Juicy (vomit) totally toook something that has been sold at kmart, walmart, deb shop...for years (think late 90's...is when I started seeing these damn things) and stuck their logo on the *** and called it orignal. Stupid Juicy.

Em

brian said:
awww.. i like those!
i've actually been wanting one.

the style/shape/size of the von dutch ones is THE BEST. i want one exactly the same, but without the hideous logo all over it. :sick: :sick:

9016.jpg

anyone know where i can get one? :cry:

uhhh that's really really UGLY :sick:

Big ugly half up teased hair (like Elaine's from Seinfeld in her earlier days)

Huge Baggy Blazers with gigantic shoulder pads....

~ logomania
~t-shirts with big numbers on them
~everything what is carried by Christina Aguilera
~metallic
~to much pink clothes [i go to shop and I see most of girls wear in pink blouses, horrible that everyone looks the same : /]

Logo OD:angry:
I refuse to buy anything thats basically just like a girl that wants to scream "look at me!! isnt this expensive?? and i bought it!!" thats not really a style either..usually their just plain t-shirts with the brand on it..ooohh thats stylin.:blink:

NO!

my fashion dislikes

perhaps I am not going ten years back, but these are the trends that irritate me the most:

-fanny packs, like a lot of people have said.
-thongs showing
-large, brightly coloured plastic earrings with oversized sweaters (that have geometric designs on them) and jeans, a la DJ Tanner from Full House.
-italian charm bracelets with a gazillion charms on them
-high-heeled sneakers, stilletos with baggy capris (mariah carey),
-obvious lipliner, caked-on foundation, dark chocolate brown lipstick on pale people (grunge trend)
-plaid flannel prints
- poor hygeine
-wearing clothes 2 sizes too small just so that you feel better wearing a six than an eight or a two than a four....
-bulging fat (which ties to the previous)
-large cubic zirconian (or the real deal ) diamond stud earrings on me
-baggy pants worn WITH belts that still sag to the knees and show boxers
-gangbangers and 'homies' wearing their jackets backwards. I accidentally laughed out loud at someone doing this before I knew it was common place...they wear the jackets so the zipper is at the back.
- high waisted pants, tucking shirts into pants (except in office wear)
-30 bangles on one wrist, 30 necklaces around one neck
-'bling' rings on every finger
-too short, over-sexed, too revealing clothing (Im all for sublte hints of cleavage or legs, but nothing too trashy or over the top)
- those 3 tiered, ruffled denim skirts from the 80's ( i had one...but i claim ignorance due to age! )
- young pre-teens over-sexing themselves, wearing trends that 20 somethings and highschool girls are wearing...trying to grow up too quickly and feel 'sexy' at such a young age.
- large rapper-style bling necklaces
- hiking boots with skirts
- people that wear 600 dollar Arc'tyrex jackets to starbucks in their goretex northface hiking boots with a patagonia pull-over shirt, and who will never step foot on a mountain with this clothing
(some people think taking their dog to starbucks is an extreme sport in vancouver...at least, the yuppies do). they own these jackets because it has become a status symbol, and have zero knowledge of the revolutionary designs and engineering that went into them (sorry, perhaps this one is slightly personal for me...)

I could go on, but I have one more main issue. and Im not trying to ruffle any feathers I just want to point something out, and i hope no one takes offense...

but as much as I dislike the general style of a LOT of celebrities (britney, christina, paris, mariah carey) et all, I also dislike it when someone says 'everything britney wears' - only because i have seen these celebrities wearing things that CAN be appealing, or tastefull, or glamorous....and it is often over-looked because they are that celebrity...ie lindsey lohan. some people earn a bad rap that automatically discounts anything decent they wear...you know?

I have also noticed that there are some people out there that can wear the trends that i absolutely despise, and wear them well! even the ones I have just mentioned. So its all about the person wearing them, in the end. I can also recognize when something is NOT my style at all, but is well put together for the type of trend/style that person likes or is following...
does this make sense to you guys?
Im still a bit nervous of voicing my opinions on here, but there you have it, my .02 cents (Canadian no less...haha.)

Platforms, the end. I remember when I lived in Tokyo, all these girls were wearing these five to seven inch platform shoes. When I went back to America, they were a little less extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->