Worst Trends And Styles Of The Last 10 Years

how about peasant tops?

*ack* :yuk:

Originally posted by Spike413@Mar 27th, 2004 - 9:32 pm

Logo-Mania. Ok, let me just say, that logos work fine on a small handbag, and mabye even a shoe or two. Then John Galliano showed the Dior logo printed Denim for F/W 00. It was cute, a clever way of poking fun a the logo trend, but then rappers got a hold of it and ruined it for everyone else. Tracksuits, sneakers, hats, jewelry, cars, yes cars (Nelly had a car covered in the Gucci logo). And this can connect to an equally bad trend for the average person. To me, if you are paying thousands of dollars for a high fashion garment, it should not have labels all over it. To me, labels belong on the inside of everything excluding bags and mabye shoes. Growing up in a well to do area, I've seen many a person flaunt the fact that they have a designer label on them. It's beyond obnoxious to show that you can afford expensive clothes, and if you do, you do not deserve to be wearing them........
I couldn't agree more

minimalist and that weird dress anna wintour was wearing recent;y

+Teased overly big hair made worse with Aquanette hairspray..(all you 80's babies, you know you were once guilty of it :lol: )
+ Those 80's spandex with the loop at the end to put the heel of your foot in
+ Acid wash jeans
+ Ultra high waisted jeans :blink:
+ Black/Dark Brown EYEliner used as LIPliner :sick: and
Shaved then ultra high and unnatural drawn in eyebrows( basically the 90's *****/ganster girl look)
+ Jelly bracelets that was popular last year with students.... :wacko:

Monograms! Almost everyone I go to school with has a monogrammed purse and shirt.

bow belts... :sick: bows on clothes!

thigh high boots :sick:

satin bomber jackets & satin cargo pants :sick:

cargo pants with drawstrings :sick:

rainbow prints & hearts on bags :sick:

uggs :sick:

every. single. trend. & style. from the 80's :sick:

striped jersey sportswear & draped LA clothes :sick:

rainbow LV bags :sick:

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Apr 29th, 2004 - 10:18 pm
bow belts... :sick: bows on clothes!

thigh high boots :sick:

satin bomber jackets & satin cargo pants :sick:

cargo pants with drawstrings :sick:

rainbow prints & hearts on bags :sick:

uggs :sick:

every. single. trend. & style. from the 80's :sick:

striped jersey sportswear & draped LA clothes :sick:

rainbow LV bags :sick:
bow belts... bows on clothes!
- not necessarily! they can be nice! :blush:

thigh high boots
- not necessarily!

satin bomber jackets & satin cargo pants
- agreed

cargo pants with drawstrings
- agreed

rainbow prints & hearts on bags
- AGREED

uggs
- YES! :sick:

every. single. trend. & style. from the 80's
- i totally disagree :(

striped jersey sportswear & draped LA clothes
- agreed :wink:

rainbow LV bags
- oh god, DEFINITELY :cry:

Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Apr 27th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
how about peasant tops?

I agree! Also- broomstick skirts, any floral print created between 1992-1998 (esp by Betsy Johnson), flannels (although I :heart: grunge music), the waif look.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 25th, 2003 - 4:44 pm
Ugly things
yes! that sums everything up :lol:

even though everyone said most of it, the things that bother me most are ghetto-wear and juicy

Originally posted by mayim+May 2nd, 2004 - 12:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mayim @ May 2nd, 2004 - 12:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elle Glamour@Apr 27th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
how about peasant tops?

I agree! Also- broomstick skirts, any floral print created between 1992-1998 (esp by Betsy Johnson), flannels (although I :heart: grunge music), the waif look. [/b][/quote]
Keep in mind thoguh, that the peasent blouse worked when the whole "Bohemian/artsy" trend came about. It hadn't been done in a while and so it was cool. IMO, it was done beautifully at YSL in f/ew 01. But like many other trends, it was played out b/c everywhere you looked stores had ugly, peasent style blouses with bell sleevs anf ruching and it was all over the place. It still is, so in all fairness, it wasn't so bad when it came out.

i have to add bowling bags.. saw a guy with one today. hate it even more now :yuk:

I will also have to agree with the monogram craze... I had to wear a burberry tie (novacheck is a type of monogram I guess) for my graduation ceremony/dance because someone bought it for me... I'm just happy the colours went with my suit, but I was so self-conscious the whole night. Sometimes, the novacheck as a lining in a trench or other type of jacket can look nice though.

I'm also against:
-Burberry Scarves (get missoni instead, please!)
-Boxer boots
-VON DUTCH ANYTHING
-Juicy tracksuits are ok for around the house or working out, but I have seen them worn at night to many an occasion, and it looks stupid!
-Things with tassels everywhere
-Jelly stuff (the jelly purse craze is beginning to get quite popular here in Ontario)
-Seafoam green
-Scrunchies and Fanny packs (I love how in the recent years, men have found 'stylish' ways to wear the fanny pack fashionably :sick: )

Originally posted by rayncloudx@May 5th, 2004 - 9:32 pm
i have to add bowling bags.. saw a guy with one today. hate it even more now :yuk:
awww.. i like those!
i've actually been wanting one.

the style/shape/size of the von dutch ones is THE BEST. i want one exactly the same, but without the hideous logo all over it. :sick: :sick:

9016.jpg

anyone know where i can get one? :cry:

Originally posted by Nader@May 6th, 2004 - 2:40 pm

-Scrunchies and Fanny packs (I love how in the recent years, men have found 'stylish' ways to wear the fanny pack fashionably :sick: )
Wait till Alejandro sees this! :lol:

Originally posted by brian+May 6th, 2004 - 5:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ May 6th, 2004 - 5:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-rayncloudx@May 5th, 2004 - 9:32 pm
i have to add bowling bags.. saw a guy with one today.  hate it even more now  :yuk:
awww.. i like those!
i've actually been wanting one. [/b][/quote]
people must like them cuz they're becoming popular and it might be just me. i don't get what you're supposed to use them for. sorry if i offended you :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->